Interview Dates - General Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TechKUSA

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I was just wondering, does it matter when you interview as long as you interview 2-3 weeks before the magical Dec. 1 date? Just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

TechKUSA said:
Hey everyone,
I was just wondering, does it matter when you interview as long as you interview 2-3 weeks before the magical Dec. 1 date? Just curious.

The earlier you interview the better. As of right now you are competing against everyone else for a seat in a class that has yet to be filled. As interviews are being completed, schools will review applications ahead of the Dec 1 date looking for those they would like to accept. So if you interview later, in essence you will be fighting for less seats.

I don't know if that's really the case at all schools. It is my understanding at some schools that the Admissions Committee meets after all pre-December interviews are complete (usually right before or right after Thanksgiving) to make decisions. So, in essence, every student interviewing before Dec. 1 has an "equal" chance of getting accepted and for the same number of spots. I know it varies from school to school. I talked to a prosthodontist that I worked with/shadowed and he said that an "early" interview is typically those during the fall before the first admissions notification. He got his interview to the school he went to in April of the year he was entering. I think those interviews are when you are competing for fewer spots because someone who was accepted decided not to attend or something of that nature.