Interview dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tuberose

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do the preliminary interviews begin in October or November? Also, has anyone experienced a situation when both the radonc and prelim interview were scheduled on the same day or any scheduling conflicts?

Members don't see this ad.

Do the preliminary interviews begin in October or November? Also, has anyone experienced a situation when both the radonc and prelim interview were scheduled on the same day or any scheduling conflicts?

Preliminary interviews can be as early as September, depending on the program and the applicant. The interviews continue through January. There will be instances when a pre-lim interview and a rad onc interview are on the same day. As you can imagine, it's not a tough decision to make regarding which interview to schedule. There will be plenty of pre-lim interview dates, but only a few rad onc interview dates per program.

Even if you miss out on interviewing for a pre-lim program altogether, always take the rad onc interview.

Preliminary interviews can be as early as September, depending on the program and the applicant. The interviews continue through January. There will be instances when a pre-lim interview and a rad onc interview are on the same day. As you can imagine, it's not a tough decision to make regarding which interview to schedule. There will be plenty of pre-lim interview dates, but only a few rad onc interview dates per program.

Even if you miss out on interviewing for a pre-lim program altogether, always take the rad onc interview.

Agreed.

This happened to me multiple times. I ended up missing at least 10 prelim/TY interviews altogether. It's only for a year, so I wouldn't sacrifice radonc interviews.