Interview Etiquette

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

littlebird313

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it appropriate to ask for your interviewer's email afterwards? I usually ask after my job interviews so I can send a thank you email. Is it better to do a handwritten letter?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You can usually find their email on the school's website after the interview day. That said, some interviewers give you their business cards anyways -- I got a couple during my interviews way back when

Reactions: 1 user
Is it appropriate to ask for your interviewer's email afterwards? I usually ask after my job interviews so I can send a thank you email. Is it better to do a handwritten letter?
Yes, it's appropriate for an email or a business card. With virtual interviews, you may want to see how you can do that. With MMI formats, you probably don't have time to ask for the interviewers' email addresses.

Handwritten is nice, but not a real significant benefit. It's not a job search; it's a committee process.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You should ask for your interviewer's email if you want to send a thank you letter.

Reactions: 1 user