Interview Invites Mostly Over??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RMortis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I asked the anesthesia residents at my hospital and they told me to expect most of my invites in october, early november and very very few after this...Any residents out there get any late invites and choice places?? Should I just assume what I have now is probably the bulk of them?

Members don't see this ad.

Most likely yes. A handful of programs are a bit behind in the process and may have some spots still open. The majority will only be filling spots created by cancellations. This is my opinion only and should not be taken as fact. I think there has been a tendency to offer earlier which was heightened this year by the earlier release of the Dean's Letters.

Members don't see this ad :)
my impressions are that some west coast programs are still going through apps. UW still has a lot of dates left and UCLA sounds like they still have most of their interview invites to give out. last week USC said they still were reviewing apps and had interviews to give out. not sure about other CA programs, would love to hear if anyone has received interviews from any of these programs besides UW in the past few weeks.

my impressions are that some west coast programs are still going through apps. UW still has a lot of dates left and UCLA sounds like they still have most of their interview invites to give out. last week USC said they still were reviewing apps and had interviews to give out. not sure about other CA programs, would love to hear if anyone has received interviews from any of these programs besides UW in the past few weeks.

I think those are the exceptions I alluded to. Those you mentioned were ones discussed at a recent national meeting when a few mentioned that they had not opened ERAS yet and were a "bit" behind. The left coast is traditionally a bit late in the invite process. They are very good and competitive programs, so they can probably afford to delay a bit. I believe the rest of the country has filled the majority of their interview spots based on conversations and typical behavior over the past 10-15 years.

I received an interview from UCSF in the middle of last week. There will still lots of dates there so maybe they are a bit late in sending them out.

when I applied a few years back the bulk came in October and November. but I did get several in december. when dec 1 hit I took to the computer and phone and emailed/called the places I wanted to interview at but hadn't heard from. one told me thanks but no thanks, the others agreed to see me.