Interview invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reviving this thread again:

Got invited to interview at NECO and Salus.
Put on hold for OSU and MCPHS until I retake the OAT.

Anyone hear from Nova recently? I applied early July and it's still "in process."

Thanks guys :)
how long did it take for you to hear from NECO?

Members don't see this ad.

Any invites to SCCO yet? If you got one when did you submit your application? They're making me sweat a bit haha.
Thanks!! :D

Any invites to SCCO yet? If you got one when did you submit your application? They're making me sweat a bit haha.

I know a colleague who got an interview this past Saturday. They sent their app in around October 5th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did any interview with SUNY notice there wasn't an essay to write like be previous posted in past years?

Also did u guys have 2 or 3 interviewers?

yes :) the earliest interviews start Dec. 7th! dont worry they didn't start reviewing any apps until late september according to the website, so they are just later than most other schools

Has anyone with a C grade or a C+ grade in one or two of the prerequisite courses get an interview? I'm a little scared because two of my courses fall in this category and I already graduated...
Graduated in May 2013. I got a C in Organic 2, a C+ in physio and C+ in anatomy. I have 5 interviews so far. My GPA is 3.11, but I nailed the OAT and have an outrageous amount of volunteer hours.

Reviving this thread again:

Got invited to interview at NECO and Salus.
Put on hold for OSU and MCPHS until I retake the OAT.

Anyone hear from Nova recently? I applied early July and it's still "in process."

Thanks guys :)
Heard the other day. Pushed back RSO interview and replaced it with NOVA. Also got interviews at MCO, Salus and MCPHS. I applied about three weeks ago.

I received my first interview at RSO yesterday afternoon! I am a little confused as I had just sent the Optomcas application in earlier in the day, and it still shows that it hasn't been mailed to any schools yet. I did take the OAT October 5th, and sent the scores to RSO. I also am still missing one LOR. (My optometrist has been very busy) My interview is scheduled for November 15th.

My stats are:
GPA: 3.10, 2.66
OAT: 330AA, 310TS
EC: Worked for an optometrist for ~75 hours with another 18 hours of shadowing, Pre-optometry club, Miracle League, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Former college football player

Can anyone tell me how interviews at PCO are stuctured? I've got an interview there in a couple weeks and any information about the types of things they ask, if it's a group or individual interview, etc. would be very helpful to know.
They'll just BS you about the school and give you a free lunch. They'll show you the lab equipment and such, but will neglect to tell you that half of it is usually broken. Don't be nervous; if you have an interview, you're pretty much in unless you act really strangely or say something offensive or whatever. I mean, I would never recommend the school to anyone, but the interview is nothing. Act personable and they'll eat from the palm of your hand.

They'll just BS you about the school and give you a free lunch. They'll show you the lab equipment and such, but will neglect to tell you that half of it is usually broken. Don't be nervous; if you have an interview, you're pretty much in unless you act really strangely or say something offensive or whatever. I mean, I would never recommend the school to anyone, but the interview is nothing. Act personable and they'll eat from the palm of your hand.

And yet somehow you made it through all of your interviews. By that standard all schools have flaws.

What optometry school do you go to now? I recently got an interview invite to PCO too and I as well am nervous about it!

What optometry school do you go to now? I recently got an interview invite to PCO too and I as well am nervous about it!
I just received an invitation today and not sure when I should schedule it because of the holidays. When did you schedule yours?

I also received an invitation from Western U and was wondering if anyone who interviewed with them had any advice/tips???

I just received an invitation today and not sure when I should schedule it because of the holidays. When did you schedule yours?

Hey bnguyen14, mine is scheduled for Dec. 2, so this coming Monday!

Their board pass rating was 95% the last two years, well above average. Their eye clinic is brand new. You get an EXTRA 6 MONTHS of externships to see patients for clinical experience. Oldest accredited school in the country so it might help when getting a job over some other applicants. Sure it is more expensive than others and they have a bigger class, but stats show it must be doing something right. Every school has a flaw. I've heard Nova has a beautiful area, but their facilities aren't the greatest for optometry and they are not as dedicated. I've heard NECO and SUNY have older equipment, but SUNY saves you some money. Some unaccredited schools get a bad rep. Every school is gonna have something wrong with it, along with something better than others.

Reactions: 1 user
PCO also gives you electives, so if you plan on working on a specialty or have a job set up when you are out of school you can get extra practice and knowledge in that area...