Interview notification and scheduling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Starbuxian

PGY-1
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of questions around interviews:

How are programs sending out communications on interview invites? Do they send emails, text message or ??

How do applicants accept the interview invites? Email responses, text message or on the program's portal?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a couple of questions around interviews:

How are programs sending out communications on interview invites? Do they send emails, text message or ??

How do applicants accept the interview invites? Email responses, text message or on the program's portal?

Thank you.
They are sent either via ERAS or a third-party interview software like Interview broker or Thalamus. All these softwares will send you a notification via email most of the time whenever an interview is sent. You accept by either clicking on the link sent in the email notification or by logging in on either of these websites and schedule the interview for one of the available dates posted. Although, sometimes there are glitches and you don't get an email notification, so it doesn't hurt to keep checking from time to time and by that I mean multiple times a day. Sometimes programs send more interviews than they have spots, and if you login late you may miss the opportunity to be able to schedule your interview. I had an instance last year where I would have missed an interview if I didn't login on ERAS very often because no one ever received the email notification.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you for your reply! I really appreciate it.