Interview Prep Help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TrustMeImAProctor

Reaction score
Hi all!

I wasn't sure where to post this. I currently have a couple interviews lined up. Are there any good resources out there for interview prep (books, YouTube videos, websites, etc.) that you would recommend? And for those who have already gone through the interview process, do you have any advice on how to best approach the interview?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I don't think there's a specific video resources but if you search "common medical school interview questions" you should absolutely go over those and prepare using that outline. Just be ready for 1-2 "out there" questions. It's common.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't think there's a specific video resources but if you search "common medical school interview questions" you should absolutely go over those and prepare using that outline. Just be ready for 1-2 "out there" questions. It's common.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah I'm honestly dreading those "out there" questions haha, I feel that I'll be a deer in headlights when those type of questions get asked :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all!

I wasn't sure where to post this. I currently have a couple DO interviews lined up in late September and early October. Are there any good resources out there for interview prep (books, YouTube videos, websites, etc.) that you would recommend? And for those who have already gone through the interview process, do you have any advice on how to best approach the interview?

Thanks!
Congrats on the interviews! Advice I would have for the interviews is to come prepared, but DO NOT sound like a robot when answering questions, meaning it should NOT sound like you have memorized all your responses. Try and make the interview a conversation, not an interrogation. Also, try and do a mock interview (or 2 or 3 or 10) before going into the real one. Its best to do a mock interview with someone you don't know at all or don't know well, since you won't know your real interviewer. If you are still in school you can ask to set up a mock interview with your pre med committee, or advisor, or career development office. When it comes to the interview be relaxed but not overly relaxed, make eye contact, sit up straight, be respectful, be polite and you'll do fine. If you google common med school interview questions you will find a bunch of resources, here is one of the website I used to prepare for interviews:

Congrats on the interviews! Advice I would have for the interviews is to come prepared, but DO NOT sound like a robot when answering questions, meaning it should NOT sound like you have memorized all your responses. Try and make the interview a conversation, not an interrogation. Also, try and do a mock interview (or 2 or 3 or 10) before going into the real one. Its best to do a mock interview with someone you don't know at all or don't know well, since you won't know your real interviewer. If you are still in school you can ask to set up a mock interview with your pre med committee, or advisor, or career development office. When it comes to the interview be relaxed but not overly relaxed, make eye contact, sit up straight, be respectful, be polite and you'll do fine. If you google common med school interview questions you will find a bunch of resources, here is one of the website I used to prepare for interviews:

Awesome! Thanks for the input and advice! I do have a mock interview scheduled with my pre-health advising department later in the month so I'm hoping that gives me a good idea of my preparedness and "interview skills" before the real deal. :)

Reactions: 1 user
I would suggest go to this link and look for the specific schools and go thru that thread for the past years, and i'm sure you will find the interview questions.

Yes. Go through SDN interview feedback. Was asked a good amount off them

Hi all!

I wasn't sure where to post this. I currently have a couple DO interviews lined up in late September and early October. Are there any good resources out there for interview prep (books, YouTube videos, websites, etc.) that you would recommend? And for those who have already gone through the interview process, do you have any advice on how to best approach the interview?

Thanks!
Read this:
Practice makes perfect, and good luck!

Bob Jones’ “The difference a DO makes.”
A.T. Still’s books. They’re free on Amazon kindle.