Interview Reactions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mofree

Reaction score
Does anyone ever come out of an interview feeling okay but then get to thinking and now you feel horrible? Because that’s me right now lol. I also have no clue how a “good” interview is supposed to feel vs a “bad” interview.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
There’s no way to know what places are looking for or how you did compared to others. At this point it’s out of your hands, so I’d try to keep your chin up and just not dwell on it. I know that’s way easier to say than do, but try to relax or do something fun to take your mind off of it.

Reactions: 10 users
I honestly got out of the interview and thought "why didn't I say this instead ". I was dumbfounded with the questions and could think well with 3 people staring at me. I work better in a conversation setting, I feel like they didn't get the real sense of who I am

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think we need to remind ourselves that after every interview, we are going to have ample amount of time to craft what could have been a “perfect” response. It’s all out of our hands now so it wouldn’t do us any good to replay the interview in our heads. Just relax and put good energy and thoughts out there for an acceptance ♥️

I honestly got out of the interview and thought "why didn't I say this instead ". I was dumbfounded with the questions and could think well with 3 people staring at me. I work better in a conversation setting, I feel like they didn't get the real sense of who I am
Fr why can't it be like how grad schools do their interviews (a conversation)? My fiance's biochemistry PhD interview with Colorado was incredibly chill, informal, and conversational. They sent him a pdf of the questions beforehand. He and the interviewer got so distracted nerding out over new chemistry technology that they both paused mid-interview to screen share and talk about research. I about cried listening to his interview because he was laughing and having fun. Why are our interviewers intense behavior-based personality assessments, MMIS, or "spit out a three-part essay speech on the spot; you have 30 minutes." God vet med is the only thing I've wanted to do since I was a fetus but this whole process has me like, "Is all this unnecessary stress worth it, even if this is the reason why I was born?" :cautious:

Reactions: 1 user
Fr why can't it be like how grad schools do their interviews (a conversation)? My fiance's biochemistry PhD interview with Colorado was incredibly chill, informal, and conversational. They sent him a pdf of the questions beforehand. He and the interviewer got so distracted nerding out over new chemistry technology that they both paused mid-interview to screen share and talk about research. I about cried listening to his interview because he was laughing and having fun. Why are our interviewers intense behavior-based personality assessments, MMIS, or "spit out a three-part essay speech on the spot; you have 30 minutes." God vet med is the only thing I've wanted to do since I was a fetus but this whole process has me like, "Is all this unnecessary stress worth it, even if this is the reason why I was born?" :cautious:
Not for nothing, most grad/PhD programs aren't interviewing 400 applicants for 120 seats. Just a different culture because the programs are so different. I wish it was a more conversational culture because I'm a chatter box.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone ever come out of an interview feeling okay but then get to thinking and now you feel horrible? Because that’s me right now lol. I also have no clue how a “good” interview is supposed to feel vs a “bad” interview.
I literally left an interview going wtf did I ask those awkward questions and ran out of time I was so embarrassed and felt like I was scrambling and just got an acceptance!! We are our own worst critics!!

Reactions: 4 users
Not for nothing, most grad/PhD programs aren't interviewing 400 applicants for 120 seats. Just a different culture because the programs are so different. I wish it was a more conversational culture because I'm a chatter box.

Mood

I literally left an interview going wtf did I ask those awkward questions and ran out of time I was so embarrassed and felt like I was scrambling and just got an acceptance!! We are our own worst critics!!
Congratulations! I left an interview recently and now just feel I didn’t explain the experiences they asked me about well…definitely felt like I was scrambling. I forgot to mention some things that I did within that experience that may have checked off one of the “qualities” they were looking for.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
yeah currently numbing my brain with animal crossing and YouTube so I don’t overthink the things I did poorly in my interview

I'm beyond happy for you, you deserve it and will make a great vet

• Care