Interview scheduling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slopes23

Parlors & Poop Shoots
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wanted to get some feedback from people on the inter-web on what they felt was the best way to approach this.

I was invited for an interview at Tulane. They have self-select dates so I can choose to interview whenever. I also have been invited to interview at Jefferson on the 24th of September. Tulane has a slot for September 22nd ( a Monday)

I work, and it's a lot of time to take off work (fortunately my boss is very understanding and isn't limiting me). Would it be a good idea to fly in on the weekend to Tulane, interview on Monday, and fly out on either Monday night or Tuesday morning to Philly and interview at Jefferson on Wednesday? Or is this too much?
What I like about this approach is that it only adds 1 day of missing time from work vs. 2-3 for a normal mid week interview.

Having said that, if it is too much too, I don't want to be short sighted over a day or two of work and risk an acceptance this early.

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

If I were in your situation, I'd do it. That is one less flight you'd be buying (from a monetary aspect) and I think it's nice and convenient to get them done early and close to one another (if you're ready). I would fly out Monday night so you have a day to settle and prepare in Philly.

Are you salary or hourly?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you salary or hourly?
Salary

My concern is not so much the monetary woes one way or the other, its more that I am getting married this weekend and taking a week off for honey moon, I return to work for a day then take another week off to attend interviews, and that is separate of the Tulane and Jeff ones. It's just a lot of time away from work and I don't want it to get to a point where I force my boss to say something because he feels I am taking advantage of the situation. That's why I like doing them together because the Tulane interview only adds 1 day to my requested time off.

Interviews are pretty exhausting but if you give yourself some time to relax in between flying and the day of the interview I'd say go for it.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll go for it then.