Interview Season

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocEspana

Bullish
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When is interview season for AUA postions? For AOA positions?

Just curious because I'm making my schedule for this upcoming year and I'm curious which months I should be expecting to be flying around for the interviews I really hope I'll be getting.

(P.S. this was my 4,000th post. I hope thats good luck for my urology chances)

Members don't see this ad.

its been a while for me but October, November were pretty busy months---I think I had only one or two interviews in early Dec

November is the busiest interview month. There will be some interviews in Dec (most people are done by mid-Dec,) and a handful of programs have interviews in late Oct.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took mine my vacation month in November, worked out quite well honestly

hmm, so it would be better to take a vacation month in November than December?
Depends what rotation you would be taking instead. I took Radiology (unlimited excused absences for interviews) in November, took December off, and took a clinic-based (= weekends off + a few days for interviews if necessary) elective in October. I had 2 interviews in October: One was on a weekend and the other was excused no problem. FWIW: I also took Step 2 CK + CS in October.

I've got anesthesiology in November, but I could switch it to December and take vacation in November (I think).

Do you guys think December is too late to be taking Step 2?

I've got anesthesiology in November, but I could switch it to December and take vacation in November (I think).

Do you guys think December is too late to be taking Step 2?

No, but I know I was pretty beat after interview season and didn't want to do much of anything. I can't imagine that I would've been real enthused to take Step 2, but I imagine that I would've gotten it done if that was the best option for me.