interview shoes?? - ladies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scgirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what type of shoes all of you were wearing to interviews....I have a really cute pair of heels I want to wear but don't know if that is a good idea since we will be walking around a lot....any thoughts???

Members don't see this ad.

scgirl said:
I was wondering what type of shoes all of you were wearing to interviews....I have a really cute pair of heels I want to wear but don't know if that is a good idea since we will be walking around a lot....any thoughts???
hey, I have these nice patent leather heels, they look wonderful but hurt like hell. So (to my mother's horror) I wore a pair of Dansko mary-janes to my first interview. I have a pant suit so it's not too obvious, I'm tempted to do it again, I'm not sure how bad that is though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a really nice pair of heels. Actually, my first pair of heels ever, but they're so nice! Heels are fine, but make sure you can walk around comfortably in them. I think probably wider heels are better, and not too high. At most interviews I've been at the other girls are also wearing heels, although for some reason Friday about half were wearing heels and half flats. I think you should just wear whatever you're comfortable in! good luck :thumbup:

sparkysgirl said:
hey, I have these nice patent leather heels, they look wonderful but hurt like hell. So (to my mother's horror) I wore a pair of Dansko mary-janes to my first interview. I have a pant suit so it's not too obvious, I'm tempted to do it again, I'm not sure how bad that is though.

Some people at my last interview were wearing shoes like you mention. I'm sure it's fine!

My shoes are Aerosoles... simple, pretty black heels. It's a super comfortable brand... check 'em out.

I got a pair of Munros, black, round-ish toes with about a 1.5 inch heel. Munros are not cheap, but they are the most incredibly comfortable and well-fitting shoes I've ever worn (I have really hard to fit feet). I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a comfy shoe. (No, I'm not getting paid by them!!!)

Risa said:
My shoes are Aerosoles... simple, pretty black heels. It's a super comfortable brand... check 'em out.

me too!

scgirl said:

If you're going to wear cute-but-kill-your-feet-heels, bring a pair of comfortable shoes!!!!! Alot of the schools are quite understanding and give you time to change shoes for tours.....Seriously, I wore heels to one of my interview, and apparently there were many tours and lots of walking. I was limping by the end of that day. It looked like somebody shot me in the foot (it sure felt that way) No fun at all :(

Another vote for comfort over fashion on this one. Some schools have really long tours and sometimes your interviews are in different buildings and you will have a long walk. What the shoes look like isn't really important as long as they don't stand out and look professional. If they're somewhat normal (flats or heels) I doubt anyone would notice your shoes.

aerosoles and naturalizers come in stylish designs that are super comfy *and* look professional. Just stay away from stilettos (not that I do not like these) bc they are not the best to walk around a lot...