Interview Trail Hall of Fame

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alejandro

Physician
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

Okay-so it's clear that interview season is well underway, and for some of you, it's the beginning, and others it's the end. But nonetheless, I wanted to start a thread for interesting interview travels!

I think there's already an interesting interview thread, but I'm more curious about the traveling experience/interview hosting that everyone had for interviews....:)

Members don't see this ad.

Obviously, you can imagine I'd have a story to share given that I started the thread...:p

Murphy's Law (for Interviewers):
My east coast tour of interviews began at Dartmouth, where after my interview, I told the hotel to give me a wake-up call, because I knew I was going to sleep through my alarms, being exhausted. They forgot, and the last bus leaving Hanover to NYC left that morning, where I still had an interview to catch in New York. I made an emergency same-day booking to take a bus from hanover to boston, then an express amtrak train from boston to NYC. ($250!) Upon arrival, I pushed, shoved, and even clawed my way through the 5pm rush hour in the subways to catch the last train going to upstate New York.

When I arrived at NYMC, my host pointed to a couch (which was dirty with crumbs and hair...), and I was not even offered a comforter or pillow. I know it's only on a volunteer basis, but seriously! I was not offered any food, and since it's in suburban New York, I couldn't even walk to get food. So I ordered chinese food for delivery, only to find that the fried rice was more yellow than the urine I see in the ER, and the only vegetable that exists to them is the onion. (Why not call it "yellow rice with onions and beef?") Without much heat, I used my peacoat as a blanket, and my clothes as a pillow. I slept, for an hour, only to be awaken by how cold it was. I'd shiver upon waking, then fall asleep because I was tired. Sleep, shiver, and repeat. Did that FOUR times.

Providence was truly a sanctuary. But it wasn't without something going wrong beyond my control...When I arrived (3 hrs late) in Providence with the Megabus, it was monsoon-like conditions, with a centimeter or two of standing water everywhere. The bus driver had the common sense to throw my suitbag out in the street! Lo' and behold, my suit was SOAKED when I arrived at my host's residence. Fortunately, that was the only hitch I encountered, and it was "relatively" a small one.

Upon finishing my interview at Brown, I had to catch a flight arriving in North Carolina for an interview at Wake Forest. When I arrived, it was about midnight, and my flight was the last inbound flight for the night, and the airport was closing in a half hour. I planned in advance to book a rental car (and I asked about my age, etc), as the school was a 45 min drive away from GSO airport. When I got to Avis, they said that I was on the "do-not-rent list." Excuse me? And why was I cleared to rent in the first place?! I've never even rented a car, let alone have any outstanding traffic infractions! And then he says that I need to resolve this with customer service in the morning...the exact morning during my interview. At Greensboro, there is no subway, no train, no light rail, no taxi, no buses, NOTHING. And the airport was closing in a half hour.

I couldn't even argue with the man at the counter. He had three bolts coming out of his head, with eyes that are focused in two opposite directions, where I couldn't tell if he was looking at me, the computer, or something else when he was speaking to me. Despite frustration and panic, I honestly felt sorry for him-I'm sure my last week of travel misery/adventure was far less traumatic than what he had to live for his whole life.

I became desperate-I had to get a car. I rushed over to Alamo as they were closing, to see if they had a car available. YES they did! But it was $150/night and its a dodge charger. Yikes. With only 80 miles on the car, I drove happily in the dark, tranquil North Carolinian night but laughed hysterically when the car idled: My dad's 1986 chevy truck runs smoother than this new car with only 80 miles on it!

Of course, I wasn't going to catch a break at Wake Forest. I accidentally made the decision to get sushi (can a man get some decent asian food out east?!) and got food poisoning for the trip home.

This was all in a two-week span coming from Washington state, going out east. Funny? Sad? Pathetic? Stupid? haha your thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
Dang. Those interview trips do sound pretty rough. Mine weren't bad, except for getting a random panic attack while driving to a hotel at night. My hands locked up, and I couldn't operate controls very well. The few hosts I stayed with were quite nice; one even gave me her bed.

Someone should start an open brag thread instead of this poorly disguised rubbish.

I don't know if there's much to brag about getting food poisoning, or having to spend an extra hundred to rent a car, or having my suit get wet? Last time I checked, those were undesirable...

I just thought it'd be interesting to share because I couldn't believe how many unexpected twists happened in my trip.

And if you want to call it an open brag thread...that's cool with me lol. Not sure how it changes it though. Brag away my friend.

With only 80 miles on the car, I drove happily in the dark, tranquil North Carolinian night but laughed hysterically when the car idled: My dad's 1986 chevy truck runs smoother than this new car with only 80 miles on it!

lol

Some mistakes I made were 1.) flying to the east coast on the day they had their earthquake and 2.) flying out of La Guardia airport.

Did you know O'Hare closes down in the middle of the night and doesn't reopen until around 5AM?

lol

Some mistakes I made were 1.) flying to the east coast on the day they had their earthquake and 2.) flying out of La Guardia airport.

Did you know O'Hare closes down in the middle of the night and doesn't reopen until around 5AM?

Really? O'Hare? Wow.

How was LaGuardia?

My worst last year was when I had an interview in Calgary the Saturday and then another in Toronto early on Sunday morning. Well, I got stuck in Calgary when my flight was delayed for 8 hours. I got into Toronto around 3 am for an 8 am interview. Luckily, the school was very accommodating and allowed me to push back my interview so I could shower and have a nap.

To add insult to injury, the best that Air Canada could do for me during the wait was a 5 dollar snack voucher.

All's well that ends well though.

My worst last year was when I had an interview in Calgary the Saturday and then another in Toronto early on Sunday morning. Well, I got stuck in Calgary when my flight was delayed for 8 hours. I got into Toronto around 3 am for an 8 am interview. Luckily, the school was very accommodating and allowed me to push back my interview so I could shower and have a nap.

To add insult to injury, the best that Air Canada could do for me during the wait was a 5 dollar snack voucher.

8 hr delay...OUCH. Nice of the school to accomodate! Yeah, a shower would definitely be needed.

What does a 5 dollar snack voucher get you in an airport? bottled water?!?

8 hr delay...OUCH. Nice of the school to accomodate! Yeah, a shower would definitely be needed.

What does a 5 dollar snack voucher get you in an airport? bottled water?!?

Basically. Or half a sandwich at the Timmy's, which was the only thing open at ass o'clock at night.

Oh, Canada!

I accidentally made the decision to get sushi (can a man get some decent asian food out east?!) and got food poisoning for the trip home.
Would it be wrong if I was also worried about the prevalence of good asian food wherever I went? Thai and sushi comprise a significant part of my diet lol. West coast living will spoil a person in this sense.

Would it be wrong if I was also worried about the prevalence of good asian food wherever I went? Thai and sushi comprise a significant part of my diet lol. West coast living will spoil a person in this sense.

Dude, most definitely. Don't get me wrong, food isn't horrible out east, but you kinda have to "look for it" if you want any asian food.

Members don't see this ad :)
Obviously, you can imagine I'd have a story to share given that I started the thread...:p

Murphy's Law (for Interviewers):
My east coast tour of interviews began at Dartmouth, where after my interview, I told the hotel to give me a wake-up call, because I knew I was going to sleep through my alarms, being exhausted. They forgot, and the last bus leaving Hanover to NYC left that morning, where I still had an interview to catch in New York. I made an emergency same-day booking to take a bus from hanover to boston, then an express amtrak train from boston to NYC. ($250!) Upon arrival, I pushed, shoved, and even clawed my way through the 5pm rush hour in the subways to catch the last train going to upstate New York.

When I arrived at NYMC, my host pointed to a couch (which was dirty with crumbs and hair...), and I was not even offered a comforter or pillow. I know it's only on a volunteer basis, but seriously! I was not offered any food, and since it's in suburban New York, I couldn't even walk to get food. So I ordered chinese food for delivery, only to find that the fried rice was more yellow than the urine I see in the ER, and the only vegetable that exists to them is the onion. (Why not call it "yellow rice with onions and beef?") Without much heat, I used my peacoat as a blanket, and my clothes as a pillow. I slept, for an hour, only to be awaken by how cold it was. I'd shiver upon waking, then fall asleep because I was tired. Sleep, shiver, and repeat. Did that FOUR times.

Providence was truly a sanctuary. But it wasn't without something going wrong beyond my control...When I arrived (3 hrs late) in Providence with the Megabus, it was monsoon-like conditions, with a centimeter or two of standing water everywhere. The bus driver had the common sense to throw my suitbag out in the street! Lo' and behold, my suit was SOAKED when I arrived at my host's residence. Fortunately, that was the only hitch I encountered, and it was "relatively" a small one.

Upon finishing my interview at Brown, I had to catch a flight arriving in North Carolina for an interview at Wake Forest. When I arrived, it was about midnight, and my flight was the last inbound flight for the night, and the airport was closing in a half hour. I planned in advance to book a rental car (and I asked about my age, etc), as the school was a 45 min drive away from GSO airport. When I got to Avis, they said that I was on the "do-not-rent list." Excuse me? And why was I cleared to rent in the first place?! I've never even rented a car, let alone have any outstanding traffic infractions! And then he says that I need to resolve this with customer service in the morning...the exact morning during my interview. At Greensboro, there is no subway, no train, no light rail, no taxi, no buses, NOTHING. And the airport was closing in a half hour.

I couldn't even argue with the man at the counter. He had three bolts coming out of his head, with eyes that are focused in two opposite directions, where I couldn't tell if he was looking at me, the computer, or something else when he was speaking to me. Despite frustration and panic, I honestly felt sorry for him-I'm sure my last week of travel misery/adventure was far less traumatic than what he had to live for his whole life.

I became desperate-I had to get a car. I rushed over to Alamo as they were closing, to see if they had a car available. YES they did! But it was $150/night and its a dodge charger. Yikes. With only 80 miles on the car, I drove happily in the dark, tranquil North Carolinian night but laughed hysterically when the car idled: My dad's 1986 chevy truck runs smoother than this new car with only 80 miles on it!

Of course, I wasn't going to catch a break at Wake Forest. I accidentally made the decision to get sushi (can a man get some decent asian food out east?!) and got food poisoning for the trip home.

This was all in a two-week span coming from Washington state, going out east. Funny? Sad? Pathetic? Stupid? haha your thoughts?

whats so hall of fame about this?

Alejandro we might have had the same host for NYMC...

Was he a second year?

I have a cool story. It isn't spectacular or anything, but not all that bad.

I was at the sink washing my hands in a bathroom in Nashville International Airport, a few hours after an interview in said city. Gazing into the mirror, I saw a man to my right. He had long, curly, reddish hair, and a goatee; he carried a guitar case on his back. I think to myself, "Mmhhh....looks exactly like Robert Plant, the lead singer of Led Zeppelin." After exiting the facilities, I ask myself, "What if that was him?" At that time, he exited too. One random stranger approached him and talked to him as he descended on the escalator. With all doubt eliminated, I ran down that same escalator to meet him (Mind you, Plant is my favorite Rockstar of all time). I asked him for an autograph. Not having any paper handy, except for my boarding pass, I asked him to sign it, to which he gladly agreed. In order to keep this paper, I asked the person at the gate to re-print it for me.

The signed boarding pass now hangs at my desk at work.I got waitlisted at the school, but who cares, I just my favorite Rock and Roll Hall-of-Famer of all time. Totally worth it. :horns:

Last edited:
I was staying at this student's apartment. Me, my host, his roomate, and a female classmate of theirs watched TV for a bit and then I got ready for bed.

Right before I was about to fall asleep I hear loud moaning coming from my host's room. My host and his classmate had sex and I couldnt fall asleep until they finished because of the noise. Thankfully it wasn't that late yet.

I was staying at this student's apartment. Me, my host, his roomate, and a female classmate of theirs watched TV for a bit and then I got ready for bed.

Right before I was about to fall asleep I hear loud moaning coming from my host's room. My host and his classmate had sex and I couldnt fall asleep until they finished because of the noise. Thankfully it wasn't that late yet.

:laugh:

The night before my first interview, I was very nervous. My student host lent me a pillow and had a good sized blow up mattress for me. He cooked dinner and we talked about what school was like.

everything_went_better_than_expected.jpg

I don't understand why people feel the need to criticize anything anyone posts. Contrary to the apparent popular belief, criticizing does not make people sound smart.

Yeah because my goal is to sound smart.

His story had no merit of "hall of fame," it was just a list of unfortunate and fortunate events. If you want Hall of Fame, check out naylors mdapp or MT ____ (headed maybe?). You'll feel pretty small after that.

Yeah because my goal is to sound smart.

His story had no merit of "hall of fame," it was just a list of unfortunate and fortunate events. If you want Hall of Fame, check out naylors mdapp or MT ____ (headed maybe?). You'll feel pretty small after that.

Bl4ckout, I took the time to go through naylor's mdapp-very impressive. I'll admit it was probably inappropriate to post with such a title of "hall of fame." Maybe it would've been better to retitle it as "Interview trail stories," or "frustrations on the interview trail," or just not post at all.

That being said, do you have any interesting stories on the interview trail to share?

Bl4ckout, I took the time to go through naylor's mdapp-very impressive. I'll admit it was probably inappropriate to post with such a title of "hall of fame." Maybe it would've been better to retitle it as "Interview trail stories," or "frustrations on the interview trail," or just not post at all.

That being said, do you have any interesting stories on the interview trail to share?

Ha nothing to crazy. My interviews were never back to back, and I always opted for a nice hotel. I tried as hard as possible to prevent any "surprises"

Worst situation for me was when I was booking my flight to Baltimore (airport code BWI), I accidentally booked a flight to airport code BMI (Bloomington, IL). I didn't realize I was going to the wrong place until a couple of days before my flight when Southwest sent me a reminder summary of my trip. Needless to say there was a moment of panic as I looked for a new flight. I had to pay about $300 more since the trip was so near, and all because of a careless mistake.

I left my toiletries bag in my apartment when I went out to LI for an interview. Stayed in a hotel that night where they at least had shampoo and soap. The hotel also sent up a toothbrush and toothpaste but I didn't have deodorant or anything else of the kind. Went into the interview natural so to speak.

Oh Air Canada. When flying from Toronto to Chicago O'Hare, my flight pulled out onto the tarmac and our pilot said he heard a funny sound in one of the engines. He said he was going to turn the engines on full blast while on the ground to see if the sound is still there, but we had to get off the plane first. Well, the sound was still there so we had to wait two hours while Air Canada got us a new plane. For the wait, Air Canada gave us free bar service on the flight...but I was going to Chicago for the first time and try to manage public transit all the way to Northwestern....but, hell, I wasn't going to let that stop me from having my minor inconvenience recompensed! So I got wasted off red wine with the hilarious old lady beside me and somehow I managed to get to my hotel with all my stuff even though I have very little recollection of it all...

lol

I had to fly into LaGuardia thrice this cycle and I flew out twice. In and out, I was delayed for a total of 11 hours. Worst. Airport. Ever.

I was at the sink washing my hands in a bathroom in Nashville International Airport, a few hours after an interview in said city. Gazing into the mirror, I saw a man to my right. He had long, curly, reddish hair, and a goatee; he carried a guitar case on his back. I think to myself, "Mmhhh....looks exactly like Robert Plant, the lead singer of Led Zeppelin." After exiting the facilities, I ask myself, "What if that was him?" At that time, he exited too. One random stranger approached him and talked to him as he descended on the escalator. With all doubt eliminated, I ran down that same escalator to meet him (Mind you, Plant is my favorite Rockstar of all time). I asked him for an autograph. Not having any paper handy, except for my boarding pass, I asked him to sign it, to which he gladly agreed. In order to keep this paper, I asked the person at the gate to re-print it for me.

The signed boarding pass now hangs at my desk at work.I got waitlisted at the school, but who cares, I just my favorite Rock and Roll Hall-of-Famer of all time. Totally worth it. :horns:

That's an awesome airport experience. :thumbup:

That's awesome!

Really? O'Hare? Wow.

How was LaGuardia?

If you like waiting 6 hours while they insist that the plane is "right around the corner" and that there will be "no problem making your connecting flight" (yea right...) so they refuse to rebook you, then you will love it.

If you like waiting 6 hours while they insist that the plane is "right around the corner" and that there will be "no problem making your connecting flight" (yea right...) so they refuse to rebook you, then you will love it.

Isn't the airline more at fault for that than the airport?

Worst situation for me was when I was booking my flight to Baltimore (airport code BWI), I accidentally booked a flight to airport code BMI (Bloomington, IL). I didn't realize I was going to the wrong place until a couple of days before my flight when Southwest sent me a reminder summary of my trip. Needless to say there was a moment of panic as I looked for a new flight. I had to pay about $300 more since the trip was so near, and all because of a careless mistake.
NickNaylor-
Funny! I remember a while back reading a story about a couple from Europe that had booked a flight to Sydney, Australia-or so they thought. The had mistakenly booked a ticket to Sidney, Montana. The locals in Sidney helped raise funds to send them to their planned destination.

My demands:

1) More stories.
2) A sammich.

Only thing of note for me was a 5 hour delay getting into Nashville because of an "engine problem" mid-air, turning around, then another delay because a soldier's remains were being delivered off a plane from Iraq and an entire wing of the airport was shut down....though I'm definitely not complaining about having to spare some time out of my day for that.

i'm sorry about your nymc experience OP.

my student host took me out to eat some really delicious NY pizza by the slice and talked about how the interview process worked. Then when we arrived to the dorms, I was greeted by 4-5 other students, chatted with them for a while, and then one of the girls from downstairs lent me her air mattress, blankets, and pillows. All of the medical students were very welcoming.

I had a pretty awful time this year traveling from the Midwest out to NYC. I had an interview on Halloween (which was a monday last year) at a school in NYC. My plan was to arrive at LaGuardia early Saturday afternoon. My girlfriend was coming with me and we were going to go explore NYC since neither of us had ever really been to the city.

LaGuardia was overly busy and behind schedule, so our plane was put in a holding pattern for about an hour. However, after an hour, the pilot informs us that we are running low on fuel and are going to divert to another airport to refuel. He assured us that it would be around a 2 hour delay but we would still make it to NYC that afternoon. Doesn't sound too bad up until this point, but this was just the tip of the iceberg.

The airport we were diverted to was Bradley Airport in (or around, not too sure) Hartford, CT. We landed and got off the plane, and soon realized that it was snowing. Not a big deal, right? After all, it was only 10/29, how bad can a snowstorm be? Well, we were told to be back at the gate to re-board the plane an hour later. We start walking around this airport, which isn't all that large, and we notice that there is a winter storm warning for our area. I called my parents to see if they had heard about it, and it turns out this was national news. There was a blizzard headed for the East Coast, with the worst part expected to hit the very region we were in.

So we showed up to the gate an hour later, got back on the plane and all the while, it is really starting to snow out there. But we remain optimistic, as the captain assures us we are taking off shortly and before any weather delays would affect us. So we sat on the runway for 15 min, 30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, 3hr and finally after 3 and a half hours, we return to the gate and get off the plane. The wait was so bad that the flight attendants were giving away free alcohol.

We de-board the plane at about 6:30 p.m. and find out that our flight has been cancelled. We also learn that our airline (AirTran) doesn't operate out of this airport. So we have no idea what to do, nor any type of plans for the night. By the time the flight crew communicates with the airline and relays that our flight will leave sometime the next day, it's about 7 p.m. and it is a full out blizzard. The entire area is out of power and the airport was running via emergency generator. The airport is shut down and it is nearly impossible for any travel via roads/highways/busses. They also kick everyone out of the terminal areas after 8 p.m. (weird rule in this sort of scenario, I thought.)

To top it all off, the airport has been closed for a while, and we were one of the last flights to deplane. There was one hotel, that didn't have power, and was COMPLETELY full by the time we arrived. I don't mean all the rooms were filled, I mean the entire lobby and lounges and restaurants were filled with people with candles and suitcases. All the nearby hotels were completely filled too, but that was irrelevant since we had no way to get there!

We wound up sleeping on a couch right next to the front desk with a constant stream of people walking around. We didn't have any blankets or pillows, and we had to wrap/assemble our luggage in a way that it wouldn't get taken while we were sleeping. I slept like complete garbage, as did my girlfriend, and we were up at like 4 am. Right around the time we were waking up, we saw that the fire department and police department had arrived with thousands of cots and bottles of water for everyone, as the airport was declared to be in a state of emergency. We grabbed a cot, and went to sleep till about 8 a.m., went to our gate, and waited until we left. We were very lucky that our plane was the second one to leave the following morning. I was literally at another airline's gate purchasing tickets home for 700 bucks a piece.

We finally made it to LaGuardia, exhausted, around 28 hours later than anticipated. We got to the hotel, ordered a pizza, and stayed in bed the rest of Sunday. The interview went well though! Haha.

TL;DR Got stranded in CT during a blizzard, slept on a couch, had no power, and showed up a day late.

By the way, at my next East Coast interview, my plane had a cracked windshield and I was held overnight again. Back to back airplane troubles! Haha.

I had a pretty awful time this year traveling from the Midwest out to NYC. I had an interview on Halloween (which was a monday last year) at a school in NYC. My plan was to arrive at LaGuardia early Saturday afternoon. My girlfriend was coming with me and we were going to go explore NYC since neither of us had ever really been to the city.

LaGuardia was overly busy and behind schedule, so our plane was put in a holding pattern for about an hour. However, after an hour, the pilot informs us that we are running low on fuel and are going to divert to another airport to refuel. He assured us that it would be around a 2 hour delay but we would still make it to NYC that afternoon. Doesn't sound too bad up until this point, but this was just the tip of the iceberg.

The airport we were diverted to was Bradley Airport in (or around, not too sure) Hartford, CT. We landed and got off the plane, and soon realized that it was snowing. Not a big deal, right? After all, it was only 10/29, how bad can a snowstorm be? Well, we were told to be back at the gate to re-board the plane an hour later. We start walking around this airport, which isn't all that large, and we notice that there is a winter storm warning for our area. I called my parents to see if they had heard about it, and it turns out this was national news. There was a blizzard headed for the East Coast, with the worst part expected to hit the very region we were in.

So we showed up to the gate an hour later, got back on the plane and all the while, it is really starting to snow out there. But we remain optimistic, as the captain assures us we are taking off shortly and before any weather delays would affect us. So we sat on the runway for 15 min, 30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, 3hr and finally after 3 and a half hours, we return to the gate and get off the plane. The wait was so bad that the flight attendants were giving away free alcohol.

We de-board the plane at about 6:30 p.m. and find out that our flight has been cancelled. We also learn that our airline (AirTran) doesn't operate out of this airport. So we have no idea what to do, nor any type of plans for the night. By the time the flight crew communicates with the airline and relays that our flight will leave sometime the next day, it's about 7 p.m. and it is a full out blizzard. The entire area is out of power and the airport was running via emergency generator. The airport is shut down and it is nearly impossible for any travel via roads/highways/busses. They also kick everyone out of the terminal areas after 8 p.m. (weird rule in this sort of scenario, I thought.)

To top it all off, the airport has been closed for a while, and we were one of the last flights to deplane. There was one hotel, that didn't have power, and was COMPLETELY full by the time we arrived. I don't mean all the rooms were filled, I mean the entire lobby and lounges and restaurants were filled with people with candles and suitcases. All the nearby hotels were completely filled too, but that was irrelevant since we had no way to get there!

We wound up sleeping on a couch right next to the front desk with a constant stream of people walking around. We didn't have any blankets or pillows, and we had to wrap/assemble our luggage in a way that it wouldn't get taken while we were sleeping. I slept like complete garbage, as did my girlfriend, and we were up at like 4 am. Right around the time we were waking up, we saw that the fire department and police department had arrived with thousands of cots and bottles of water for everyone, as the airport was declared to be in a state of emergency. We grabbed a cot, and went to sleep till about 8 a.m., went to our gate, and waited until we left. We were very lucky that our plane was the second one to leave the following morning. I was literally at another airline's gate purchasing tickets home for 700 bucks a piece.

We finally made it to LaGuardia, exhausted, around 28 hours later than anticipated. We got to the hotel, ordered a pizza, and stayed in bed the rest of Sunday. The interview went well though! Haha.

TL;DR Got stranded in CT during a blizzard, slept on a couch, had no power, and showed up a day late.

I have lived in CT for 20 years, and not only was this the earliest blizzard I have ever encountered, it was also one of the worst! All the trees still had leaves on them, so literally everything was on the ground. Some people were without power for 2 weeks, the local schools were closed for at least a week (after having already been closed for a week at the beginning of the year due to a hurricane).

I feel so bad for anyone trying to travel during that weekend-- did the schools make any arrangements for people who were delayed?

Highlights of med school interviews:

Being propositioned by an interviewee and an interviewer.

Great food in the bay area.

Being upgraded to a huge suite that we converted to a party room at a swanky hotel.

Lowlights:

Having two flights canceled on the way home

The guy showing his laminated 44T at an interview lunch.

Getting chased by security for opening the wrong door.

Being lectured for not wanting to go into primary care.

Being upgraded to a huge suite that we converted to a party room at a swanky hotel.

Lowlights:

What are you talking about here? Elaborate.

I remember this very Halloween blizzard. I got stuck in Detroit because of it. The areas affected most were CT, PA, and NY. All the trees still had leaves on them and fell on the power lines because of the weight of the snow, causing power outages for thousands of people.

Lowlights:

Story time.

44T MCAT score-ie: ridiculously high

I realize that. I was more wondering under what circumstances someone's score would get laminated and then pulled out at a meal.

I realize that. I was more wondering under what circumstances someone's score would get laminated and then pulled out at a meal.

The person in question kept a laminated copy of their MCAT score report in their portfolio and "accidentally let it slip out in front of a whole bunch of interviewees during lunch.

The interviewee was fairly blatant about it. She was like "interviews are pretty stressful; if you want to relieve some stress, I'm in room 452."

The interviewer was more subtle but gave me her personal cell # and suggested we meet for drinks at 10 and she'd "show me around town". Not sure what there'd be to see at midnight after a few drinks besides a habitation haha

The person in question kept a laminated copy of their MCAT score report in their portfolio and "accidentally let it slip out in front of a whole bunch of interviewees during lunch.

The interviewee was fairly blatant about it. She was like "interviews are pretty stressful; if you want to relieve some stress, I'm in room 452."

The interviewer was more subtle but gave me her personal cell # and suggested we meet for drinks at 10 and she'd "show me around town". Not sure what there'd be to see at midnight after a few drinks besides a habitation haha

That is so awesome. Respect. Please tell me you "got in"... To the school that is

You should probably mention that you had a career before medicine and were not interviewing as a young 20-year-old.