Interviewer no show?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ElectronOrbitals

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had an interview where an interviewer was not able to show up? Surely this couldn't put me at a disadvantage right?

Had an interview this week at my dream school and felt phenomenal about the first interview / interview day overall. Waited an hour after the 2nd interview was supposed to start only to be told they would have to reschedule for next week.

Not bothered given that its my top choice but just disappointed that I'll be out of that "interview zone / focus" that I was in this week given that I just have the singular interview next week. Interviews are stressful as is and just wanted it to be done you know. Just seems like a slight disadvantage for me.

Members don't see this ad.

It won't put you at a disadvantage unless you allow it to. The rescheduling was clearly not your fault and absolutely will not be a negative for you. You just have to get out of your head and get as psyched for the follow-up as you were this week. That's entirely up to you. Good luck!!

Reactions: 2 users
Try to flip your perspective. I feel like things like this may even be an advantage. Shows you're able to go with the flow and that you understand that **** happens in life. Also probably makes you a more memorable applicant. Just prepared like any other interview. It won't be a big deal.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The school didn’t know the interviewer wasn’t going to show up? And they let you sit for an hour? They should be so accommodating to you from this point on. You’ll be fine. Just be confident in yourself. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users