Interviewing at PCOM-GA.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedtiger

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey people....

I'm interviewing at PCOM-GA next Wednesday. I was wondering if anyone could tell me about what to expect and share their opinions of the interview day as well as the school. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

premedtiger said:
Hey people....

I'm interviewing at PCOM-GA next Wednesday. I was wondering if anyone could tell me about what to expect and share their opinions of the interview day as well as the school. Thanks!

This was my earlier post for someone who needed advice about GAPCOM interview. Few things to add since than: 51 people have send the deposit out of total 80 seats.

PCOM interviewers were one of the best people who have interviewed me till now. They are not at all to torture you but to understand you 'what kind of person you are and whether you will be a good fit for their school'. Make sure you have read your primary and secondary application. They read your file and your LOR carefully and try to ask questions base on that.
Few of the questions which they asked me:

You will have to compete against other doctors (MD and DO) who would be very well qualified, how are you going to do that?
What have been your experiences having worked in a hospital setting for last two /three years?
You know that life of a doctor is not very normal, they have to attend to calls at night, would you be able to live that kind of life?
Why do you have this grade in xxx class and have you taken any other class in the same field where you have done well. (I had taken a graduate level class in the same area where i had an A). So they are not saying that because you have a bad grade in xxx class you are not a good student but can you show us that if we give you an oppurtunity a second time, you CAN excel.
Why you didn't do so well in verbal section when you did extremely well in other two sections of MCAT.

And than lot of personal questions about international exposure ( as I have lived in foreign countries). After the interview, I thought as if they knew my file left and right.

They didn't asked me any hard questions but general questions. They also didn't asked me any ethical questions. At the end of the day, the interview was peaceful and I left the room saying to myself 'man these guys are so nice, I wish i can be associated with them as a medical student next year"

Good Luck.

If you have any other questions, PM me.

Mandar

premedtiger said:
Hey people....

The interview was so chill and lax...they pretty much just have a conversation with you. they don't think they should intimidate you..they think they should make you as comfortable as possible b/c they then get to know the real you...i think they only asked me 4 or 5 questions..here's what the asked me:

why do you want to be a d.o.?
what was your experience in college like?
Tell me about what you're doing now ( i took time off b/t college and med school)
what other m.d. and d.o. programs did you apply to? and which ones did you interview at?

what's really nice about this interview is that they sent out acceptance/waitlist/rejection letters the next day. hope this helps..good luck!