Interviews 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

b&ierstiefel

OK. I expect some of you to get some good news after the holiday weekend.

Post that ****! Bring it on!

Members don't see this ad.

Well, it's certainly not a crime to care. Although that might change at some point.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck everyone. Try not to get too clutched about hearing things early on - many programs wait what seems like an interminable amount of time before responding.

yaah said:
Good luck everyone. Try not to get too clutched about hearing things early on - many programs wait what seems like an interminable amount of time before responding.
True dat. I think SDN can be bad for applicants...people get worked up too easily about things. Just let your cards play out.

AndyMilonakis said:
True dat. I think SDN can be bad for applicants...people get worked up too easily about things. Just let your cards play out.
Haha, true. Early on, SDN fosters panic and obsession. I was a victim myself. Later in the season though (i.e. December) SDN can really help in gauging which programs need to be nagged for those last precious interview invites. But NOT YET. Good luck everybody!

cytoborg said:
Haha, true. Early on, SDN fosters panic and obsession. I was a victim myself. Later in the season though (i.e. December) SDN can really help in gauging which programs need to be nagged for those last precious interview invites. But NOT YET. Good luck everybody!

Hey, I haven't gotten any interview offers yet. Should I be worried? Should I contact the programs? When I wrote my personal statement, I didn't capitalize the word "pathology". Do you think that's going to hurt me? :laugh:

CameronFrye said:
Hey, I haven't gotten any interview offers yet. Should I be worried? Should I contact the programs? When I wrote my personal statement, I didn't capitalize the word "pathology". Do you think that's going to hurt me? :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: That's awesome. :thumbup:

bananaface said:
You are SO screwed! :eek: ;)

I know I should be nice before karma comes back to bite me in the arse, but some of the threads in the general residency forum are just too good to be true. :laugh:

1st interview invite! Emory this morning via e-mail. I'm stoked!!

BamaAlum said:

BamaAlum is the first!!! :clap: :hardy:

I must admit that I am kind of jealous. :oops:

Congratulations! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
BamaAlum said:

You go, man! :thumbup:

BamaAlum said:

CONTRATS! :clap:

You should also be congratulated on being the first one to post real interview news in the "Interviews 2006" thread. :laugh:

Nicely done!

BamaAlum said:

way to go bama..........congratulations!!!

Congrats Bama! All I have gotten are the "received your application" emails.

Here is a question...
Do programs like to see some LOR's before offering interviews? Mine aren't uploaded yet. Am I out of luck until they get uploaded?

Good luck all!

Do programs like to see some LOR's before offering interviews? Mine aren't uploaded yet. Am I out of luck until they get uploaded?

Last year, my school was horrifically slow at uploading things. As long as your transcript and Step 1 transcript are up, you will receive interviews (at least I did) It seems that our sense of urgency about uploading and the urgency of the actual people who upload the stuff are a billion jillion miles apart. :mad:

I was told, don't worry, you'll still get interviews. I said yes, but I'd like to have one interview where I didn't have to pay premium airfare because I got last minute notice of it. Fricking *****s. Oh wait, I don't have to deal with that anymore... :D

beary said:
I have not even gotten any of these.

I've only received 2 of these, so no worries Beary! Soon, the invites will be flooding your inbox! ;)

I just got a "we got your stuff" from Duke...
Only things uploaded in my ERAS are USMLE, CAP, profile, and PS. It's been over a month since I requested LoR's, I guess I'll wait another few weeks or so...

papaya said:
I just got a "we got your stuff" from Duke...

Same here--maybe we'll meet on the interview trail!

Brian Pavlovitz said:
I've only received 2 of these, so no worries Beary! Soon, the invites will be flooding your inbox! ;)

Thanks Brian! I was getting so paranoid I went back to ERAS to make sure I had put my email address in correctly. :oops:

Will any invitations also be posted in our "Messages" section of ERAS, in addition to being e-mailed to us? I just ask because, of course, our school's e-mail system had to break down and stop receiving incoming e-mails from any source outside the school system right around the time people started submitting their applications. Just my luck :luck:

Any insight is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Clair de Lune said:
Will any invitations also be posted in our "Messages" section of ERAS, in addition to being e-mailed to us? I just ask because, of course, our school's e-mail system had to break down and stop receiving incoming e-mails from any source outside the school system right around the time people started submitting their applications. Just my luck :luck:

Any insight is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

You should receive any information in both your regular email (the address which you supplied to ERAS) as well as the "Messages" section of MyERAS. It will appear in red letters if you have a new message. Not that I've SEEN this message in a few days... :rolleyes:

You should receive any information in both your regular email (the address which you supplied to ERAS) as well as the "Messages" section of MyERAS. It will appear in red letters if you have a new message. Not that I've SEEN this message in a few days...

Just a warning...not all my invites came to my eras box...a few came email only...also beware of the fact that some invites get marked as spam because they have attachments. So get a reliable email and always check your bulk or spam box.

Pingu said:
Just a warning...not all my invites came to my eras box...a few came email only...also beware of the fact that some invites get marked as spam because they have attachments. So get a reliable email and always check your bulk or spam box.
:eek: Thanks for that heads up!

Brian Pavlovitz said:
:eek: Thanks for that heads up!

Hey Brian
wish you all the best for Step 2 CK. Relax and have fun.....i think that s important.
Hope to see you on the interview trail.
Sincerely
Regards
Quant

Tip: Make sure your email address is professional, i.e. your initials and last name. Our program rejected someone last year because of their email address; they saw it as a red flag.

Anything that goes to your ERAS box should automatically go to your email if you have it set up right, so there really is no point in checking your ERAS mailbox, unless they have changed things. But then again, it's kind of hard to ignore something flashing and in red and saying you have new messages. It's like trying to ignore a naked woman.

quant said:
Hey Brian
wish you all the best for Step 2 CK. Relax and have fun.....i think that s important.
Hope to see you on the interview trail.
Sincerely
Regards
Quant

Thanks, quant! Friday is the big day; can't wait until it's over. I only wish I knew my CS results...its only been 6 weeks!

Brian Pavlovitz said:
Thanks, quant! Friday is the big day; can't wait until it's over. I only wish I knew my CS results...its only been 6 weeks!

6 weeks is a long time!....where did you give it? philly? cause mine took exactly 4 weeks.

Im sure it ll turn out well, don't worry. Just get the step 2 ck beast out of way.

quant said:
6 weeks is a long time!....where did you give it? philly? cause mine took exactly 4 weeks.

Im sure it ll turn out well, don't worry. Just get the step 2 ck beast out of way.

I took it in Philly. A friend of mine finally got her results after 8 weeks, yet a friend of ours found out in 3. It's beyond me why we have to wait this long (and pay this much) for this exam!

I got my first interview invitation today from Iowa! They even put you up in a Sheraton for a night. I'm very excited and anxious to start this whole process. Good luck to everybody!

Emaline said:
I got my first interview invitation today from Iowa! They even put you up in a Sheraton for a night. I'm very excited and anxious to start this whole process. Good luck to everybody!

Congrats Emaline!! I got an interview invite from Iowa today too. :D

Maybe we will get to meet when you come here!

Gratz to those with invites in hand - to the others, good things come to those who wait ;)

Interview invites on a Sunday! Their PD is working overtime! I didn't have the opportunity to meet him in person; he was away when I was there. If I remember right he's been PD for 20+ years - and I've never met anyone who responds to email as quickly as he does.

Wow, not a moment wasted! Some programs really are speedy! Congrats to those who have already gotten good news...but to those who haven't, let me just say that I didn't even get my app in until late Sept so I didn't hear from any programs until almost the first week of Oct...and I did fine...so don't panic yet.

I also received an invitation from Iowa via e-mail today. I hear that it is a great program.

beary said:
Congrats Emaline!! I got an interview invite from Iowa today too. :D

Maybe we will get to meet when you come here!

hey congrats beary and others!

I think its really swell that the program is working on a sunday!.... :) :)

Congratulations to all you Iowa-bound interviewees!! :thumbup:

And welcome back, deschutes!! ;) How did the presentation go?

quant said:
hey congrats beary and others!

I think its really swell that the program is working on a sunday!.... :) :)

He's evidently going to be out of town for a few weeks, so he probably wanted to get the first wave of interview offers out before he left.

CameronFrye said:
He's evidently going to be out of town for a few weeks, so he probably wanted to get the first wave of interview offers out before he left.

is that true that whatever mail you get in your eras mailbox should go automatically to your regular email cause i got a message in my eras mailbox but it wasn't also in my regular email. Does this mean my email address was rejected or something----it's an aol email address

basiligaw said:
is that true that whatever mail you get in your eras mailbox should go automatically to your regular email cause i got a message in my eras mailbox but it wasn't also in my regular email. Does this mean my email address was rejected or something----it's an aol email address
maybe the email is sitting in your spam mail folder. if you empty this folder regularly without checking, it might be gone.

Got my first invite today - University of Utah by email. Anyone with thoughts on or experiences with this program?

I liked it a lot when I interviewed there - it was just too far away for me in the end. Good faculty and facilities, nice city. The only drawback I saw was that the curriculum was really spread out among what I thought were too many sites (for surg path, mostly).

If you like to ski, no better place.

I don't know how to ski (or snowboard for that matter) but I sure as hell wanna learn. Looks fun.