Interviews, acceptances and rejections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey folks, was accepted at JHSPH today... only one i applied to.. will be in baltimore come july!

thanks for all help on this board

Members don't see this ad.

hey folks, was accepted at JHSPH today... only one i applied to.. will be in baltimore come july!

thanks for all help on this board

How did they notify you?

CONGRATS!

I've been accepted to Penn, BU and GW.
Waiting on JHSPH and Univ of Maryland...

Got into UPitt for health policy and management...
pretty stoked. BU also accepted me...
waiting on the rest

good luck all

Members don't see this ad :)
How did they notify you?

CONGRATS!

I've been accepted to Penn, BU and GW.
Waiting on JHSPH and Univ of Maryland...

Thanks! I had to log into ApplyYourself again, and was informed of the decision via a link there.

I am a Chinese applicant, got admissions from Carnegie Mellon, Emory, Tulane and Cleveland State, and interview from UNC.

Still unable to dfferentiate health administration, health care policy and management, and health system management from each other.

Any opinions? Tons of thanks

Did anyone apply to Brown? I have an interview next week for PhD in Epi.
Any opinions?

So how common is it for MPH programs to call applicants up and/or interview them? Are there programs that tend not to do it? If I need to do an interview I'm basically screwed and will NOT get into the program by any means--I am a completely incompetent interviewee. I just can't do them well.

....Does BU, UIC or USF do interviews, by any chance??? :eek:

Emory called me the other day.. I was at work and I thought they wanted to do an impromptu interview. Turns out that she was just calling to let me know that I was accepted, which was really nice! This is my first acceptance, so I am not sure how often they call their applicants

had an impromptu interview recently. wasn't bad at all...very glad he called.

I was just informed via email that I have been accepted into the UW MS in Epi program! I'm very excited! :D

I live in Seattle, so I will most definitely be attending the visit days on March 5 and 6.

I was just informed via email that I have been accepted into the UW MS in Epi program! I'm very excited! :D

Ditto. Was surprised too.. since I forgot to explain to them why I finished my first year in undergrad w/ a 1.0 GPA.

Ditto. Was surprised too.. since I forgot to explain to them why I finished my first year in undergrad w/ a 1.0 GPA.

Haha, my GPA in my first 1-2 years of UG was abysmal, too. I was actually asked to add an explanation to my SoP. I guess it worked! :)

So how common is it for MPH programs to call applicants up and/or interview them? Are there programs that tend not to do it? If I need to do an interview I'm basically screwed and will NOT get into the program by any means--I am a completely incompetent interviewee. I just can't do them well.

....Does BU, UIC or USF do interviews, by any chance??? :eek:

i know BU doesnt do interviews. I was accepted here without one, inspite of being an international student

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard from Yale, via email, today. I was accepted into the Social and Behavioral Sciences in the Global Health Concentration. I also heard from GW that I was accepted into their Global Health Department as well. Still waiting on Columbia and Johns Hopkins. Does anyone know if we hear about internal scholarships at the time of admission or after the date of their Financial Aid Applications?

i haven't heard from yale guys... :(
i applied to for health policy and management...

I was accepted to Pitt. Still haven't heard anything from anywhere else. All the acceptances to Yale and Minn from everybody is making me nervous.

Same here... I waited until mid-dec to submit SOPHAS though so maybe it's just a little later

Accepted to UWash (Epi) on Friday, bringing the total to...

UAB (Global EpidemiologyMPH)
Emory (Global Health MSPH- subset of Epi)
UWash (Epi MPH)

Still waiting on:
UMich (Intl Health MPH, top choice)
Columbia (Epi MPH)

Anyone have any suggestions on how to decided between schools?

Accepted to UWash (Epi) on Friday, bringing the total to...

UAB (Global EpidemiologyMPH)
Emory (Global Health MSPH- subset of Epi)
UWash (Epi MPH)

Still waiting on:
UMich (Intl Health MPH, top choice)
Columbia (Epi MPH)

Anyone have any suggestions on how to decided between schools?

Among my top choices, if I get into more than one, it'll likely be funding that'll determine where I go

Does anyone know if we hear about internal scholarships at the time of admission or after the date of their Financial Aid Applications?
Clearly it depends on the school, but for most places that I have read about, you hear about admissions decisions first, then merit scholarships, then need-based aid and govt loans. Can't hurt to contact the financial aid departments at the schools you are applying to for the specifics.

i haven't heard from yale guys... :(
i applied to for health policy and management...[/quote
i havent heard from yale either. same HPM
accepted to mich about 2 wks ago.
also waiting to hear from harvard, pitt, drexel

I haven't heard from Yale (Health Management) yet either. I had a phone interview a week and a half ago. Has anyone heard from this program?

I had a phone interview from Yale on Friday, still waiting on it too. Are you guys getting your decisions emailed or regular mailed? Thanks and good luck everyone!

I had a phone interview from Yale on Friday, still waiting on it too. Are you guys getting your decisions emailed or regular mailed? Thanks and good luck everyone!

My decision came via postal mail.

Received 10K merit scholarship from BU today, as well as a rejection from Emory (MPH Epi). I guess you can't win them all!

Received 10K merit scholarship from BU today, as well as a rejection from Emory (MPH Epi). I guess you can't win them all!

THAT is awesome. congratulations. I got in BU - HPM but no aid, which makes it unaffordable.

I got into UPitt, BU and Emory - all which I'm happy about.
So if then don't tell me I got aid - that means I didn't?

Just found out I got into the MHA program at Hopkins. First acceptance, so I am super excited ( and relieved)!

Last edited:
I just received word that I got admission into UCLA for Community Health Sciences. For a reference frame I submitted my application 11/21 to SOPHAS.

Did anyone apply to Brown? I have an interview next week for PhD in Epi.
Any opinions?
hey epi2009, i apply brown too, but not phd, just mph. Are you a mph already, I thought only MPH could apply phd in public health, is it right?:confused:

I applied to the phd in Epi, not DPH which often requires a MPH. Any insights into the program?

Is anyone else getting a bunch of emails from Berkeley? I keep getting emails telling me my application is complete and/or is under review. The funny thing is they said the first one I got would be the last email until my decision was completed, and I've gotten 3-4 since then... I don't know if its a good sign or a bad sign... Am I alone in getting these emails?

Is anyone else getting a bunch of emails from Berkeley? I keep getting emails telling me my application is complete and/or is under review. The funny thing is they said the first one I got would be the last email until my decision was completed, and I've gotten 3-4 since then... I don't know if its a good sign or a bad sign... Am I alone in getting these emails?

I've been getting them too, nimesis. No idea what it means...

re: harvard, no word yet, but the application status website has been down for several hours (and it usually is not)

Has anybody heard back from University of Minnesota regarding acceptance/rejection to the MHA program?

Received a letter of acceptance from UNC for their HPM program through snail mail after interviewing there this week. :love:

admit from yale, 11 month advanced professional mph program, global health track.

anyone have any idea when we will hear from umich? for health behavior health education and/or epi? i think my friend who applied last year had heard by the beginning of march...

as you can see i'm really nervous. havent heard anything from them, and my gre scores aren't too hot. gpa is on the low end but i have great extra cirrics

indierockchick4, i heard I got accepted to umich HBHE earlier this week. the decision was available via a link on the wolverine access site.

thank for the reply!

do you mind if i ask what were your stats and when did you apply?

anyone have any idea when we will hear from umich? for health behavior health education and/or epi? i think my friend who applied last year had heard by the beginning of march...

I just heard on Friday... accepted to Intl Health! Very excited! I applied in late November. Now just waiting for financial aid decisions from schools....

I just got accepted to Yale for the Social & Behavioral Sciences Program via a small letter in the mail -- I submitted to SOPHAS in late December (probably Dec 26th or 27th) -- it wasn't sent out until Jan 12th -- I got a confirmation stating my application was complete on Feb 4th and I received the letter yesterday (Feb 14th)

- I was also accepted to Boston University this past week via postal mail and Emory the week before by a phone call -- all applications went out through SOPHAS on Jan 12th

re: harvard, no word yet, but the application status website has been down for several hours (and it usually is not)

I just spoke to someone at HSPH who informed me that they have started sending out admission responses now.

I just spoke to someone at HSPH who informed me that they have started sending out admission responses now.

Really?! Did you inquire about a specific program, or did she generally say that decisions are being sent? Does this mean that they're coming via postal mail?
(I applied for the SM2 prgram, so perhaps mine will be different...)

I'm getting nervous, though.

Last edited:
I'd be interested to know about HSPH too. Was it only MPH programs that they're mailing today?