Interviews and rejections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medstudentquest

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For anyone who might know, do all the programs you apply to give you a response, whether good or bad? I mean, if they reject you, do they at least send you an email saying so, or if you don't hear from them, that's your answer?

Also, how long does it take to hear back from programs? I applied kind of late (end of Oct) and haven't heard anything at all. No interviews or rejections thus far. Dean's letter went out on Nov. 1 of course. It is my understanding that derm programs don't really look at apps until they receive Dean's letters. If so, is it still too early to know? When should I expect to start hearing from these programs?

Members don't see this ad.

"Revive the Dermboard" thread lists when/how all the interview invitations came out last year and can give you a basic time line. Very few programs have sent out invitations so far...look at the "Official Interviews..." thread.

Good Luck!

"Revive the Dermboard" thread lists when/how all the interview invitations came out last year and can give you a basic time line. Very few programs have sent out invitations so far...look at the "Official Interviews..." thread.

Good Luck!

I saw the official interviews thread for this year, but I can't see to find last year's timeline. Can you tell me where I can find this? Thanks.