Interviews between business trips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Are medical schools able to accommodate for known outages, such as business trips, when offering interviews? I may be away for all of October which I understand is the peak interview month.

Members don't see this ad.

When invited to interview, you get to pick your dates from a calendar in their online system, so you can make it work with your schedule. But as I'm sure you know, it's advantageous to interview as early as you can.

Are medical schools able to accommodate for known outages, such as business trips, when offering interviews? I may be away for all of October which I understand is the peak interview month.
Some schools don't offer any variability in interview slots. I'm sorry that I can't remember which off the top of my head but I've read that - it was reported by some applicants. Most schools will give you a chance to choose a date or if they issue dates, you can call and request a different date.

Some are flexible, some are not.

If you're invited, 50/50 or better odds of admission. So, even if if it's 'attend and get fired' the clear choice is to attend.