Interviews Coming, two questions!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SemperPacem

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
You wonderful denizens of SDN have truly been so helpful throughout this whole process. As interview season gears up, there were two questions I couldn't answer and would love input from adcoms, current students, or just if you know the answer!

1) There are schools that just give you a date for your interview instead of a selection. If you have a different interview scheduled that day, Is it bad form to call the office and ask for a different date? Their site doesn't address it one way or another.

2) I want to bring a document with updates, are these generally accepted? What's the preferred format?

Thanks all!

Members don't see this ad.

1. You can either call or email to request a date change. If they allow date changes, they'll do their best, no promises. The earlier, the better.

2. Updates should be verbally worked into an interview.

You wonderful denizens of SDN have truly been so helpful throughout this whole process. As interview season gears up, there were two questions I couldn't answer and would love input from adcoms, current students, or just if you know the answer!

1) There are schools that just give you a date for your interview instead of a selection. If you have a different interview scheduled that day, Is it bad form to call the office and ask for a different date? Their site doesn't address it one way or another.

2) I want to bring a document with updates, are these generally accepted? What's the preferred format?

Thanks all!
If you have substantial updates I would put them in a letter of update and consider submitting it before/after the interview day. Definitely talk about them during your interview if you can incorporate it, but the people doing the interviewing are not necessarily the same people doing the application reviews when making decisions, which is why it's important that they have something in writing about your recent updates.

Thanks all!

If you request a later interview date you should have zero problems. I had to do that several times last cycle (working full time, couldn't take too much time off from work, etc). Never had a problem with any school. If you try and ask for an earlier interview they're more likely to say no unless they get an unexpected cancellation.

You should send updates electronically via whatever mechanism the school indicates they prefer (email the admissions office, upload on their secondary website, etc). A paper copy on interview day is likely to get lost or not end up in the right person's hands.