Interviews! What should I prepare for??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Swartzlehman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
X

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just use the search function on this forum and you'll find some great threads on the matter, including links that will help you prepare. I had an interview that was really straightforward and relaxed, while the other was a 45 min. grill session, so be prepared for anything, even oddball q's like "what cell in the body would you be, and why?" Good luck!

i agree with the above. i would first research what each school's interviews are like. Obvious questions include: why you like PT, what led you to PT, what were your volunteer/work experiences like. Some of the harder interviews included questions like: what do you think are two important issues in PT, why should we take you over other candidates, why should i trust you as a PT for treating my son, etc. good luck!

I agree with the others.

I had one interview that was a behavioral interview. Basically, they would give you six questions and you had to use detailed examples to answer them. For example, how have you shown compassion to another or tell us about a time when you had to remain objective when you encountered someone difficult.