intimidated my MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkzebra

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i know i am! even though i just graduated undergrad this past may, it has still been awhile since my pre-req course days. i took bio and gen chem in fall of 2007/spring of 2008 and both orgo and physics fall of 2008/spring of 2009. i am nervous that i have forgotten most of the material and will have to start from complete scratch in order to master it for the MCAT! :(

Members don't see this ad.

May I suggest a review course. They are expensive, but it sounds like you might need the structure of a classroom to give you the best chance.

I have the same fears as you about the MCAT. I look at o-chem problems and can't remember much of what I learned. I am planning to take a PR course to remedy that.

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you for the advice, i completely agree that a review course is the way to go. :) hopefully after i take one i will feel more confident about the material!

i also did not know that EK had an in-person prep course?? anyone ever taken this?

I am excited about it because it gives me the opportunity to improve my chances, and I love all these science classes. Just take it one step at a time and be positive. Being optimistic will help you do better than if you were stressing out.

Hi everyone,

My case is kind of diff than most pre-meds. I have already been selected for as part of a Guaranteed Admissions program for sophomores for EY2012 and as part of my post-selection process, I must take the MCAT and pass with a total score of 26 or higher with no section less than 7. Also I am eligible for 2 more retakes until September of next year. Not to forget that deans at the medical school told me they don't care what score I receive on the writing section (which is awesome, meaning more time to study for the other sections).

I'm a junior now and I have taken all my pre-reqs (including human phys and biochem) BUT not physics 2 yet which is my only worry. I have already signed up for the April 29, 2011 exam (at 1pm) because I am not a morning person and I want your opinion OR anyone's opinion on whether I should take physics 2 in the spring semester while studying for the mcat? Or will it be too much? Also I know that there is a fair amount of genetics on the exam. Will I be at a huge disadvantage if I have not taken physics 2 and genetics yet or do the review books contain enough material to teach you the topics? Please keep in mind that I only need a 26.

If anyone is willing to help, I would appreciate it! Thanks.

I'm a junior now and I have taken all my pre-reqs (including human phys and biochem) BUT not physics 2 yet which is my only worry. I have already signed up for the April 29, 2011 exam (at 1pm) because I am not a morning person and I want your opinion OR anyone's opinion on whether I should take physics 2 in the spring semester while studying for the mcat? Or will it be too much? Also I know that there is a fair amount of genetics on the exam. Will I be at a huge disadvantage if I have not taken physics 2 and genetics yet or do the review books contain enough material to teach you the topics? Please keep in mind that I only need a 26.

I suggest you take it. Here's a thread that talks about it.

Hi everyone,

My case is kind of diff than most pre-meds. I have already been selected for as part of a Guaranteed Admissions program for sophomores for EY2012 and as part of my post-selection process, I must take the MCAT and pass with a total score of 26 or higher with no section less than 7. Also I am eligible for 2 more retakes until September of next year. Not to forget that deans at the medical school told me they don't care what score I receive on the writing section (which is awesome, meaning more time to study for the other sections).

Absolutely do, do, do take Physics II in the spring semester. Taking Physics 2 IS studying for the MCAT. Physics like thinking is what the entire Physical science section is about.

Edit - I got an 11 on the Physical Science section and I took Physics 2 in the spring semester before taking the MCAT in May