Intubation video's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted697535

Hey can ppl post their good intubation video's here so we can compare & critique?

This is one i like the best, and have started to use

main down side, is we cant see their PPE

Also no stylet is a massive no for me, but i like the drape

Any better ones?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey can ppl post their good intubation video's here so we can compare & critique?

This is one i like the best, and have started to use

main down side, is we cant see their PPE

Also no stylet is a massive no for me, but i like the drape

Any better ones?

I saw someone with a plastic box with arm holes and a chest hole cut out. That seemed good. Sorry no pic or video.

I saw that one too but how to disinfect it is my issue with that?

If we go mcqyver'ing reuse equipment like that we could cause more harm than good?
Who knows what else the last patient had?

Members don't see this ad :)

If we go mcqyver'ing reuse equipment like that we could cause more harm than good?

Isn’t it just like how we/they have to terminal clean a room or any hard surfaces?
Cancer wipes come to the rescue!

“Wipe, dry, and let’s not do it again....”

Idea is that you throw away the bag and deep clean the rest.

We tried to do that the other day, we just ended up doing an RSI with no vents. the plastic bag is kind cumbersome. A lot of people aren't taking the precautions seriously anyways. Some circulator kept taking off the N95 during the case, then keeps opening the front door instead of using the anteroom. So at this point i'm just accepting that i'll get SARS-COV-2, just a matter of time.

Reactions: 1 user
I've no idea, does anyone?

This box isnt just a little prop in the corner of a room if it's used as a covid shield during intubations.

It will likely have an astronomical viral load after a few uses, unless cleaned right. Does anyone know how to clean it?

Idea is that you throw away the bag and deep clean the rest.

We tried to do that the other day, we just ended up doing an RSI with no vents. the plastic bag is kind cumbersome. A lot of people aren't taking the precautions seriously anyways. Some circulator kept taking off the N95 during the case, then keeps opening the front door instead of using the anteroom. So at this point i'm just accepting that i'll get SARS-COV-2, just a matter of time.
No don't do that man.

At least don't sacrifice ppe during intubations.
If this high viral load thing is really real that's a very bad idea

That circ can do what they want but they're not touching me or coming near 2m of me.

That seems to help.

No don't do that man.

At least don't sacrifice ppe during intubations.
If this high viral load thing is really real that's a very bad idea

That circ can do what they want but they're not touching me or coming near 2m of me.

obv i'm still wearing PPEs.

But that circulator will go and infect a few other people around the OR asymptomatically, then in a few days if you're doing a non-covid case you're gonna get infected by a unknowning 3rd party. It's not like i didn't kindly remind the person of the correct procedures, but they can't get fired in NY. They're not gonna listen to me...

Reactions: 1 user
obv i'm still wearing PPEs.

But that circulator will go and infect a few other people around the OR asymptomatically, then in a few days if you're doing a non-covid case you're gonna get infected by a unknowning 3rd party. It's not like i didn't kindly remind the person of the correct procedures, but they can't get fired in NY. They're not gonna listen to me...
I definitely appreciate that.
We have so many ppl that are ignoring ppe it's ridiculous.

Breaking ppe is akin to breaking sterility during a central line or any surgery.

At this stage I even consider the 2m rule as a form of PPE.