invasive vs noninvasive: looking for opinion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CVT2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will soon have to make a decision on which track I want to take for next year, and I am leaning towards noninvasive; however, invasive also seems interesting. Can anyone share their personal experiences, pros and cons while working in either field. Any advice on what to expect. I have yet to do a shadow, and my schedule between school and work is crazy, but hoping I can schedule one during our spring break. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

You realize that you're asking questions of cardiologists and internists who want to be cardiologists, right? Their experience and the experience of a tech are going to be radically different. Have you asked anybody in your program?

I figure maybe some one on here would have some type of experience doing cardiac cath and/or performing echoes, EKG, etc. I was just curious. There are only twelve people in my program. I will be apart of the last graduating class at my university, there isn't enough interest in the cardio program I guess. There isn't anyone else I could talk to, my professor is also the director and advisor, and she is very unapproachable. I will make an appt to have a shadow and ask the technicians at the facility. Thanks anyway.