investigative consumer report authorization/background report authorization before the job offer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1100659

Ive never encountered this to where, prior to making a formal offer or doing an in person interview they want authorization for investigative consumer report/background check. My background is completely clean I just had no idea about this and assumed it was standard after accepting an offer. They said it was to get the process started for credentialing but I havent even accepted an offer yet lol. Does it sometimes happen before they even make an offer? Also not familiar with the whole consumer report authorization.

Members don't see this ad.

Ive never encountered this to where, prior to making a formal offer or doing an in person interview they want authorization for investigative consumer report/background check. My background is completely clean I just had no idea about this and assumed it was standard after accepting an offer. They said it was to get the process started for credentialing but I havent even accepted an offer yet lol. Does it sometimes happen before they even make an offer? Also not familiar with the whole consumer report authorization.
Looks like the population you will be treating is litigious?

Maybe ask them the reason and what information is contained in the report.

This has been normal for me. Pretty much everywhere does a background check before credentialing. I think they could be liable if they hired you without doing this. Different places may call it different things.

Members don't see this ad :)
This has been typical for me as well. I think it a little unusual that they would want to start before even signing, but the credentialing process takes time, so I wouldn't think too much about that either.

Thanks everyone! Im a fresher attending and hadnt encountered this before so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't signing anything stupid. And yeah I thought it was unusual before even the formal offer/signing lol, they made it clear they were going to offer but I guess they must be really confident in what they're going to offer

Thanks everyone! Im a fresher attending and hadnt encountered this before so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't signing anything stupid. And yeah I thought it was unusual before even the formal offer/signing lol, they made it clear they were going to offer but I guess they must be really confident in what they're going to offer
Cost to recruit, onboard, and train a doc in most cases is well into 5 figures and not uncommonly 6 figures after paying out to recruiters. The cost of a background check is entirely negligible, saving the time of not putting together an offer for someone who has anything flag on a background check is clearly worth an healthcare organization's time.

Reactions: 1 user