Invited to interview at a medical school where my mcat is way below the median. Do I have a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was suspicious from one of his very first posts on this account because he has a habit of writing WAY TOO MUCH. It's a dead giveaway and it didn't help that he stuck with the same story each time...at least he did go apesh*t like last time though. Maybe he's learning.

It's hilarious though that he insulted all the adcoms on Reddit's premed forum yet still nags them for advice on every single thread. What a hypocrite.
What would happen if he gets into medical school?

Members don't see this ad.

Slight irony being that you joined friday and only have a handful of posts so you're either a resplendent yourself or using a throwaway to go after him...

It's a throwaway. I lurk on the forums but I created an account this time to call him out.

It's a throwaway. I lurk on the forums but I created an account this time to call him out.
3-hydroboration.png

Nice handle-lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
There's some good data out there (I don't have the citation, alas) that people's behavior on internet forums tend to be a telegraph of their real personalities. Hence, the loose cannons that we see here from time to time are probably just as dysfunctional in real life, and that would get picked up quickly at interviews.

What would happen if he gets into medical school?

Reactions: 6 users
There's some good data out there (I don't have the citation, alas) that people's behavior on internet forums tend to be a telegraph of their real personalities. Hence, the loose cannons that we see here from time to time are probably just as dysfunctional in real life, and that would get picked up quickly at interviews.

Yeah, exactly. That's why I'm always amused when we get the occasional ass who retorts to being called out on his shenanigans with, effectively, "lol I'm not like this in real life, I know how to interact with people." All that tells me is those people are likely more sociopathic than anything else. In an anonymous forum, there's no reason to be an ass "because you want to." More than likely it's simply an outlet of aspects of your personality that, one way or another, doesn't see the light of day in "IRL" interactions.

Reactions: 8 users
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

I remember being ridiculed for that sentiment through PM's from a certain psychopathic user who has since been banned.

Reactions: 3 users