IRR to Reserves (Army)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

noneofyourbusiness

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So the healthcare recruiter says they can't onboard me as a physician without going through a board that only occurs in Oct to accept that I am a physician (despite practicing as one as a civilian with a license, boarded, etc) so that they can switch my MOS from 70H MSC to 62A. This seems extremely stupid and wasteful (but almost expected given the Army).

Also, he said they do not grant the 2 years of CSC for MPH (obtained on my own) despite it obviously being authorized in the regs I've seen.

Anyone know of anyone in OTSG or who/how I would go about getting ETP??

ps really no 62A retention bonus? (apparently not eligible for ascension as I'm in IRR) Think that will change?

Members don't see this ad.

Moving to Military Medicine Forum as it pertains to those currently active (or actively returning) to the armed forces in some capacity. You'll also have more eyes from current physicians that may have gone through a similar process.

Good luck!

So the healthcare recruiter says they can't onboard me as a physician without going through a board that only occurs in Oct to accept that I am a physician (despite practicing as one as a civilian with a license, boarded, etc) so that they can switch my MOS from 70H MSC to 62A. This seems extremely stupid and wasteful (but almost expected given the Army).

Also, he said they do not grant the 2 years of CSC for MPH (obtained on my own) despite it obviously being authorized in the regs I've seen.

Anyone know of anyone in OTSG or who/how I would go about getting ETP??

ps really no 62A retention bonus? (apparently not eligible for ascension as I'm in IRR) Think that will change?

Hmm that seems strange. Can you come off the IRR into active reserves as a 70H in MSC and then just have AMEDD add you as a 62A as a secondary AOC and then switch to another TPU with a slot for 62A?

Unfortunately it makes sense them making you board going from MSC to MC as it's a different branch of AMEDD when you've not been a doc in the Army.

I wonder if you'll gain more rank though by boarding as they will use your current rank and TIS plus look at your civilian experience to give you credit for years of experience towards TIG?

And yes 62A is not on the bonus list right now. Huge RIF right now for a lot of medical and promotions are tough.