Is 124 on TPR CARS a good score for little practice? I took it again and got 124 again.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ExAmateurEconomist

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
how many points should i expect cars to rise with studying, and how many points can it rise with mcat being easier? would my mcat score be high enough, at least for do school with a low gpa, if i study?

Members don't see this ad.

how many points should i expect cars to rise with studying, and how many points can it rise with mcat being easier? would my mcat score be high enough, at least for do school with a low gpa, if i study?
So you should be looking at average scores. For DO is about 503 and for MD it's around 511. And you'd definitely want to aim for a couple of points above that in order to be competitive. A 124 is suboptimal. If you're just looking at DO schools (or an instate MD program) then you'd want closer to 125-127, but honestly a 127+ for each section should be your goal regardless. It's true that 3rd party tests tend to be more difficult, but don't think that a 124 PR score would equal a 127+ on the real thing just because of that. If you want reliable score "predictors" then AAMC material is the way to go. They have 2 CARS Q Packs (about 20 passages) that you can do in addition to tests. The only real "studying" you can do for CARS is literally just doing 2-3 passages a day and thinking about reading/question strategies. It will definitely come with time, and if you're showing no improvement then you should just practice practice practice every day with CARS passages - if you have any other PR material then this is what you'd use that for.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user