Is a human disease evolution course non-science for LOR purposes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ihave Nonamè

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking a Psych course for the purpose of a non-science LOR but I'm enjoying this human disease evolution class and this professor more.

The professor teaching this course is in the Anthropology department but did post doc work in glycobiology. The course is considered by my school to be anthropology-biology.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm taking a Psych course for the purpose of a non-science LOR but I'm enjoying this human disease evolution class and this professor more.

The professor teaching this course is in the Anthropology department but did post doc work in glycobiology. The course is considered by my school to be anthropology-biology.
Based on your post, it seems as if the same course is cross-listed in the department of biology and the department of anthropology at your school.

You can refer to the AMCAS Course Classification Guide to determine how various courses are often categorized based on the primary content of the course.

AMCAS Course Classification Guide

In your case, I've seen that type of course description listed both ways:

1. If you list it as Psychology or Anthropology, it can be used as non-science.

2. If you list it as Biology, it can go in science.

Last edited: