Is anyone willing to read my Personal Statement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rachel993

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for someone to look over my PS. I'm aware of the already existing thread with the list of people accepting them, but I have private messaged many of them and no responses :(
If anyone is willing to read, please let me know, and maybe tell me a bit about your background? and then i'll send it to you! I honestly don't really care who you are, as long as you're willing to give me some constructive feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
No worries. The first time was about 3 weeks ago? I messaged 3 people from the most recent list who were listed as accepting. then like a week later I messaged 2 more people and still no responses :/ but I know people are pretty swamped and I know they typically favor older SDN members so thats probably part of it.

I don't mind reading your essay. I'm an applicant this year too and while I don't think my own PS is so stellar yet, I feel like I can at least offer some decent advice. I have a low tolerance for BS and cliches, if that helps? Anyways, if you're okay with my lack of experience, send me a message! Reading others' PSes will help me out as well.

I am a skilled writer but don't really feel like selling my credentials to you. You can PM me your PS if you want.

Same as breakend. I'm applying this cycle as well and submitted my application yesterday. If you'd like an extra set of eyes just PM me :happy:

Same as all the others, already submitted my app, but I'm a re-app and talked to a couple med schools about my old PS, so I kind of know what they're NOT looking for. Id be happy to read yours!

i can take a look, pm me

Hello, you can send me your PS too

Hi! i am still working on my PS and I can read yours if you'll read mine :D

I'd be willing to. I just submitted my app so I got some time to help others. I'm not the greatest writer but my adviser and a doc that wrote a LOR liked mine.

Hey so I have the same issue as the OP, would someone be also willing to look over mine? I'm applying for the first time, but would be happy to look over other PS.

PM me

I'll look over your PS if you want, feel free to PM it to me.

Hey so I have the same issue as the OP, would someone be also willing to look over mine? I'm applying for the first time, but would be happy to look over other PS.

PM me

I'd be happy to give you some feedback. I just submitted my app so I need to take a break from reading my own essay over and over.

Anyone willing to trade PS? I can give critique but for some reason, I'm incapable of following my own advice in essays... I really need a 2nd (or 10th) set of eyes. Thanks in advance!