Is Dr. Phil an M.D.?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lehavre

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If so, does any one know where he went to medical school? What he specialized in? Or any other details as to his career path/credentials?

Members don't see this ad.

lehavre said:
If so, does any one know where he went to medical school? What he specialized in? Or any other details as to his career path/credentials?

good question. i think he's a joke, personally.

Members don't see this ad :)
:rolleyes: This isnt anything that a quick google search couldnt solve for you.

lehavre said:

Yea right he didn't go to medical school (that would be so embarrassing!). He has a doctorate in clinical psychology from University of North Texas.

P.S. google is a wonderful thing

MadameLULU said:
you are like moses, except you post here instead of the lounge
thats a compliment being compared to me :D

Dr. Phil has a PhD. Pretty hardcore Douche.

His son is a douche too.

I hate his son. I hate his son with a passion. :smuggrin:

Can't stand him...
Proof of the power Oprah has in American society...

why hasnt this guy been banned yet

Members don't see this ad :)
What's with Dr. Phil's son? I'm not familiar with him or what he does.

lehavre said:

Doctor phil is an idiot not an MD. He has been preached against by the American Psychiatric Association.

Dr. Phil is like Dr. Laura - trying to get by on credentials they don't have,,,I think she has a PhD in Literature....I dunno, I was an English major and I don't feel very qualified to do much....especially tell people what to do

indo said:
Dr. Phil has a PhD. Pretty hardcore Douche.

His son is a douche too.
Well said! :laugh:

His son has a huge butt.

I met "Dr" Phil several times when I worked for the Ferrari dealership that he serviced his car at. I learned the first time (and my boss did not warn me) when I saw him and tried to welcome him to the dealership that I've never met someone with such an inflated ego in my life. His mannerism and attitude towards others lets you know that he knows he is above and beyond you in whatever it is that you think you're great at :laugh:

He is a pop psychologist and a TV star, so can you really expect him to be a credible shrink? He had to close down his practice in Witchita Falls (TX) after many of his patients saw through him.

"dr. phil", what an arse.

he makes blatant statements of the obvious

it should be "dr. fill yer head with ****"

i guess someone's got to entertain the losers watchin' talk show t.v. at 3pm everyday.

i hope someone runs over his dog

Actually, I think he went into Idiopathic Medicine, so its Dr. Phil, I.M.

And sad to say, he states the most obvious of the obvious with each of his guests. Like, an morbidly obese man comes on the show with a gluttonus tendancy, dr. phil authoritively barks at him with, "you need to stop eating, look at you, you can't do that to yourself, it doesn't respect you, it doesn't respect your body!"

Theres more to this, I think theres a formula to dr. phil's ways. Its:

"You need to stop ___________, that's whats wrong, then that'll solve your problem."

Well, I don't know. I think Dr. Phil has a lot of good common sense advice. You don't need a PhD to get good common sense. Not that I'm going to go out and waste money on his book, but occasionally I'll watch him on TV if I happen upon the channel.

America has an obsession with self-help gurus...most of humanity is dying for someone to take them by the hand and show them the right way. It is this need that ensures there will always be a place in society for people like Dr. Phil.

Larry Elders is equally guilty of douchebaggary.

nicholonious said:
Actually, I think he went into Idiopathic Medicine, so its Dr. Phil, I.M.

And sad to say, he states the most obvious of the obvious with each of his guests. Like, an morbidly obese man comes on the show with a gluttonus tendancy, dr. phil authoritively barks at him with, "you need to stop eating, look at you, you can't do that to yourself, it doesn't respect you, it doesn't respect your body!"

Theres more to this, I think theres a formula to dr. phil's ways. Its:

"You need to stop ___________, that's whats wrong, then that'll solve your problem."

Yep, and then the camera pans to some random member of the audience who nods her head in agreement, claps a little bit, and every now and then mumbles, "He's right. He's right."

look at all the stuff we're saying about dr. phil! we're a bunch of angry pre-meds!!

btw, i agree with all the statements made about him.