Is High school AP credits acceptable for a required predental course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sheri

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I like to know if you have taken for example one year of chemistry in High School and you have scored 5 in AP test and gotten a college credit for it, when you apply to dental schools would they accept it as a year of chemistry or not ? Would the dental schools still want to see you have taken it in college, or since you have gotten college credit for it, is enough? Please let me know. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I started a thread before with the same question. I called some schools and the answer is that schools will accept your AP credit as long as your undergrad accepts the AP credit (it's listed in your transcript).

However, to be on the safe side, it is always best to take an advanced level science course with lab.

Yeah I got a 5 on the AP chem in high school and so far I havent had any schools that have a problem with it. I did retake Chem I cause my pre health advisor told me it would be a problem but it really wasnt. Though that did help my sGPA out a bit. Such an easy class inorganic chem is

call your schools, because one of mine told me they didn't take AP credit. Sorry, I don't remember which one...