Is it a bad idea to take Bio II, OchemII, Biochem I , Physics I all at once to take the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

BJ2019

I was going to give myself 2 years and apply for the 2018 cycle. But now I want to save one year and apply for the 2017 cycle. Any advice?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
That seems a bit heavy especially if it's been a while since you've been in school.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, that seems like a pretty heavy load. Plus, just taking those courses isn't likely to be sufficient by itself for studying for the MCAT. Practicing the style of the questions is just as important as mastering the subject matter. You wouldn't have much time in there.

As a nontrad myself I can sympathize with wanting to get going already, but medical training is a long process and in the grand scheme of things that one year is likely not as huge as it might seem now.

People always say this is a marathon, not a sprint. You want to take a strong and steady approach. Taking a heavy load and performing poorly or not having enough time for dedicated MCAT review could set you back more than that year. You want to knock it out of the park on your first try.

Reactions: 1 user
My most enjoyable semester was when I had Ochem I, Physics I, Calc II and Bio 1 all with labs except calc. It all depends on the homework load and how good of a test taker you are and how difficult the courses are where you are at. It could be a disaster of a semester depending on how they are.