Is it a bad idea to tell a school that you plan on taking summer classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IDoIt4Love

Breathe...just believe.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hear me out here. I recently asked the dean of a med school I have applied to what he thought of the summer classes I was considering, and which ones I should take. I'm currently waiting to hear back from this school after being placed on hold after my interview, and am unofficially on the wait-list. Now I'm worrying that, because I let on that I plan on taking courses, they will just be like "oh, well we'll just wait and see how she does in those classes and consider her next year," and not take me this year!! Am I just freaking out or do my concerns have merit here?? I'm kinda freaking out now....

Members don't see this ad.

hopefully you are not planning on counting these credits to graduation. For most medical schools you need to graduate in the spring because even if you take classes for the first sumer session you will not technically receive your diploma until after med school would start. So there would be no way for you to start med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
hopefully you are not planning on counting these credits to graduation. For most medical schools you need to graduate in the spring because even if you take classes for the first sumer session you will not technically receive your diploma until after med school would start. So there would be no way for you to start med school.

Nope; I've already graduated. These are just to boost my app, as per the suggestion of my interviewer at this school.

Nope; I've already graduated. These are just to boost my app, as per the suggestion of my interviewer at this school.

Most likely, IF your performance in these classes would determine your acceptance, THEN your application wasn't strong enough for them in the first place.

Most likely, IF your performance in these classes would determine your acceptance, THEN your application wasn't strong enough for them in the first place.

I guess that's a good point; I just didn't want to give them another excuse to postpone accepting me to next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.