Is it even worth applying to UIC and Midwestern Illinois if you're out of state?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

petalutha

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd love to go to either one, but I've heard that they are not out of state friendly. Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Midwestern is a private school so applying oos shouldn't be that big of a deal. As for the state schools in Illinois, UIC and SIU, they have traditionally accepted 1 or 2 oos students at most in each class. I guess if you like to gamble go for it but if you don't like those odds then better to save your money. Oos for all 3 of these schools is going to run you well over 400k so I would be open to considering other options as well.

Midwestern is a private school so applying oos shouldn't be that big of a deal. As for the state schools in Illinois, UIC and SIU, they have traditionally accepted 1 or 2 oos students at most in each class. I guess if you like to gamble go for it but if you don't like those odds then better to save your money. Oos for all 3 of these schools is going to run you well over 400k so I would be open to considering other options as well.

Good to know, thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd love to go to either one, but I've heard that they are not out of state friendly. Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

UIC is actually fairly out-of-state friendly. The catch is that the OOS tuition is astronomical. If you head over to last years cycle it actually looks like UIC didn't get enough OOSers so they interviewed previously rejected students this summer to increase the number. As with any state school, majority of students will be IS, but I would call it moderately OOS friendly.

UIC is actually fairly out-of-state friendly. The catch is that the OOS tuition is astronomical. If you head over to last years cycle it actually looks like UIC didn't get enough OOSers so they interviewed previously rejected students this summer to increase the number. As with any state school, majority of students will be IS, but I would call it moderately OOS friendly.
Uhh I don't know if you think this is the medical forum as I see you're a med student but as of 2014 (99% sure), when the class size of UIC SDM was reduced from 65 to 50 they no longer were accepting any oos students. This is the first year they have been reaccepting any oos applications at all. Any UIC students can chime in but I believe that to be correct since I actually attend SIU.

Reactions: 1 user