Is it important to send notarized copies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sonibun

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everybody
i would like to know is it important to send notarized copies to universities like tuft ,boston,etc
some US states does not notarize also
plz guide me
plz reply back

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Sonibun,
The universities which require notarized copies have to be sent notarized copies.I was in georgia and got my transcripts notarized there.
Boston requires the score reports to be sent directly so you jsut have to send your transcripts and degree certificate copies.
take care

i have my ECE course by Course report that contains 3 papers, do i have to notorise them all or its enough to clip them togeather and notorise one of them?

Members don't see this ad :)
caninus_molarus said:
i have my ECE course by Course report that contains 3 papers, do i have to notorise them all or its enough to clip them togeather and notorise one of them?

Hi Caninus,
It's ok if you clip them together and get the final page notarized as they are all part of the same document.I got mine done the same way and it didn't matter.

Hi elementz and caninus,
can u please clarify why do u want to get the ece notarised.The schools will be getting the original from ece directly.....right???
I didn`t know that we need to get the ece notarised...then what about the toefl and boards reports.
thanks in advance.

krishna said:
Hi elementz and caninus,
can u please clarify why do u want to get the ece notarised.The schools will be getting the original from ece directly.....right???
I didn`t know that we need to get the ece notarised...then what about the toefl and boards reports.
thanks in advance.

It's true that the schools will receive copies from ECE, Toefl, NBDE but it's always better to send along notarised copies incase there is any delay or misplaced mail.It's not necessary though. Just an added precaution.
wish you the very best with everything. :luck:

Dear Canninus,
You're alwayz welcome...:)

UPenn accepts Notarised copies
Elementz I don't think your application will be considered complete unless they receive the original documents.The same thing happened with me at UCSF and the original NDBE score did not reach them on time and I missed the deadline.
I had asked them and placed a notarised copy but it did not help :(

pinktooth said:
UPenn accepts Notarised copies
Elementz I don't think your application will be considered complete unless they receive the original documents.The same thing happened with me at UCSF and the original NDBE score did not reach them on time and I missed the deadline.
I had asked them and placed a notarised copy but it did not help :(

Thanks for that info Pinktooth...It's alwayz good to learn from the experience of another.Will surely keep this in mind while applying......thanks heaps :) ...
how r things moving on your front regd.BU???...hope everything is going smooth.Good luck!!! :luck:

All the best Elementz and yes things are going slow ...but fine with Bu :)

whats up? we have some similarity at least in our id.by the way i m done iwht my part 1 .and want to apply to diff. universities.can u just help me how to do all those things?i m confused.if u dont mind can u give me ur ph. no. so i can have detail information.regarding add.it will be nice of u.
thanx bye take care.

Hi Pinkindia,
Welcome to SDN.You can find all the necessary details if you search the threads in order.
I will be glad to help you with specific problems.I will be coming to Boston on 1st Aug and will give you my number.
Pm me and remind me.
take care

i think u r from georgia. i m from atlanta. r u done with ur part 2?i m writing my part 2.need some mate.can u tell me if u know somebody who wants to sell it?one imp. q. how come u got chose for 2006 why not 2005 ?
what did u do with ur essay ?i need some help.bye thanx for reply in advance.