Medical Is it okay to repeat stories from the primary/secondaries application in interviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

This might be an obvious questions, but is it okay to repeat stories from your application in the interview? Or do adcoms want to hear new things? I ask because there are a collection of anecdotes that I have discussed in my application that I think would be good for answering a lot of key interview questions.
Totally ok. Try and come up with others as well so your interview is not a complete rehashing of your application, but repeating stories is perfectly fine.

Members don't see this ad.

Sometimes you will have interviewers who will be totally blinded to your application (won't have read before meeting you, may read it afterwards); you should ask them if they read your application in advance to help guide you.

I would still make sure I have an abbreviated reference to these stories if you think they are appropriate (As I wrote in my personal statement...), but be prepared for other situations or stories that answer the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.