Is it still ok to interview after placing a deposit at another school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddsquestionsdmd

Reaction score
I’m trying to find specific rules but having some trouble. There are some nearly decade old posts on SDN I have found indicating it’s ok to take post December interviews even if you’ve been accepted and deposited somewhere, but I want to be absolutely certain it’s still ok.

I got into one of my top choices but may have a chance to go somewhere a bit more affordable if accepted.

Appreciate any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

I dont think theres any rule saying you cant, and I interviewed at other places after placing a deposit for the same reason as you!

Reactions: 1 user
I dont think theres any rule saying you cant, and I interviewed at other places after placing a deposit for the same reason as you!
Thanks for the reply! Just super paranoid about messing up a great thing by being “greedy”. Seems like we’re ok until March if the rules haven’t changed.

Members don't see this ad :)
You totally can. I interviewed at 2 schools after I already accepted an offer and deposited this cycle. Some people deposit at 3-4 schools so they have longer to decide. At some point, the schools will be notified you will have multiple deposits and you will have to pick one, but I'm not sure when that is.