Is it too late to apply with MCAT 27?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DragonSoul

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, guys,

I got MCAT 27N, my science GPA is 3.78, my Non-science GPA is 3.5. I just collected three recommendation letters. My advisor told me that with my MCAT score, I should have applied earlier. My question is: if I submit it now (sept 2012), will it hurt my chances? should I wait for another year?

Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

Is your personal statement ready to go?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would apply today. Like right now. Do it. Your stats should land you interviews if you apply broadly. It's not the most ideal situation, and you may not have the opportunity to pick and choose where you matriculate, but I think you still have a good shot.

I would apply today. Like right now. Do it. Your stats should land you interviews if you apply broadly. It's not the most ideal situation, and you may not have the opportunity to pick and choose where you matriculate, but I think you still have a good shot.

Ditto this. Do not wait.

Thank you so much!

another question: if I didn't get in this round, will it hurt my chance next year application? what do the schools look at when students apply the second time?

Thank you so much!

another question: if I didn't get in this round, will it hurt my chance next year application? what do the schools look at when students apply the second time?

Ya, you will be considered a "reapplicant." The only difference is that they would want to see what you did in between application cycles to improve yourself and why you are worth of matriculation now vs last cycle where you didn't get in.

However, I doubt it would come to that if you can perform well in the interviews.

Ya, you will be considered a "reapplicant." The only difference is that they would want to see what you did in between application cycles to improve yourself and why you are worth of matriculation now vs last cycle where you didn't get in.

However, I doubt it would come to that if you can perform well in the interviews.
Thanks!