Is it too late to get an intern position as a P4 year student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Catling

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard, most retails get most P1 student, they don't like P4 year student.....Is it hard to find an intern position tho?

Members don't see this ad.

I guess it would depend on your location and how saturated it is. I'm assuming that it would be difficult unless you plan on working for that store/hospital following graduation. Most spots are already filled by students that started P1 year and progressed... so unless someone in the P4 year at a store/hospital gives up their spot, there theoretically wouldn't be any spots to fill.

(still doesn't hurt to ask)

I found an intern position this year, im a P4. I called a million pharmacies. Thankfully, one pharmacy was expanding. I got lucky, in the right place at the right time. You never know unless you call. If you can't find an intern position, you can call and ask to volunteer. Idk if you want an intern for the money or more just for experience.

in a word, yes. I got one after I moved, but it was to a hard to staff area (think sign on bonus of $15,000 to $45,000 depending on time commitment) - so they were eager to get me in - but in most places near a pharmacy school - not likely to get one.