Is it useless for me to take CC classes AFTER I have transferred?...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

az43

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last year I transferred to a UC from a California CC. I completed all my pre reqs at the CC and am doing very well in my biochem upper div classes (knock on wood) and have a good amount of ec's.

I was wondering if it would be pointless if I were to take random, easy online community college classes in order to boost my gpa? I was thinking of maybe taking a bs easy class like personal development, or some easy sociology class. My CC gpa isnt low, but I approximated that my CC gpa will go up by 0.1 if I get A's in 21 units worth of classes (7 classes).

Is it worth it to take all those useless CC class just to boost my cc gpa? Or should I just focus on maintaining my grades at UC?

Members don't see this ad.

I too transferred from a cc to a UC and was told by an advisor that going back to take classes at a cc would be deemed as gpa boosting....which is what you want to do anyways. Possibly, if they aren't science classes or pre-reqs, no one will really bat an eye at them.

You mig be asked as to why you did that. Be prepared to have an explanation.

The generally it'll be better to just continue to do well at your UC and go from there.