Is it worth doing O Chem 2 lab?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kota1000

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am planning on taking organic chemistry 2 lecture and lab this semester. None of the vet schools I am applying to require organic chemistry 2, but I need to take the lecture portion in order to do biochemistry. Should I bother doing the lab as well? I don’t really want to, but I feel like it would look better on applications...

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I am planning on taking organic chemistry 2 lecture and lab this semester. None of the vet schools I am applying to require organic chemistry 2, but I need to take the lecture portion in order to do biochemistry. Should I bother doing the lab as well? I don’t really want to, but I feel like it would look better on applications...
If a school cared about a class, they would make it a prerequisite. Seriously. I didn't take organic 2 at all (straight up just didn't want to take it and only orgo 1 was required for biochem) and graduate in 3.5 months. If you don't need the lab to apply, save the money and extra stress and don't take it.

Reactions: 2 users
If a school cared about a class, they would make it a prerequisite. Seriously. I didn't take organic 2 at all (straight up just didn't want to take it and only orgo 1 was required for biochem) and graduate in 3.5 months. If you don't need the lab to apply, save the money and extra stress and don't take it.
Thank you!