Is it worth reapplying with these circumstances? Need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apple896

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to reapply to Optometry School, and after attending 1st year there.
Now the situation is that the school wants me to pay to them a seriously decent amount of money (from my pocket, no loan) for a course I took during the summer, and while I was there they never notified me about this money. They are saying I have to pay it in full, only THEN will they forward my reapplying application.

So anyone who is knowledgeable and familiar about these school dilemmas, please advise me. What should I do at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm confused, why are you reapplying if you've already attended one year of school? Are you trying to transfer to a different school?

I'm confused, why are you reapplying if you've already attended one year of school? Are you trying to transfer to a different school?

Readmission to the school

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't understand the issue then. If you owe them the money, pay them.

The issue is this a Decent amount of money, which is thousands of dollars for just this course, and they have never notified me about this ever when I was there. They are telling me I need to pay this amount in full or I cannot come back to the school. They will not accept any payment plan, they just want the thousands of dollars money now. Do you understand the issue now?

@KHE Are you some kind of "Optometrist" as you state you are, or are you some high school student who is truly dumb enough to understand my question?

I owe them the money. It was a summer course.
I think you answered your own question.

It's the school's prerogative whether to accept your re-application. Do you think it will win you any points towards that by not paying?

Any educational expense should qualify for a student loan, it just may have to be an unsubsidized loan. Look into that.
If nothing else, put it on a credit card & deal with the consequences later.
Final option: Don't pay, don't get re-accepted, and look for a job (and hope they don't come after you for the $$$.

I can assure you that KHE is an OD, and that most of the other readers of your posts were confused as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
On a side note, what does it take to get dismissed from IAUPR?

Reactions: 1 users
I think you answered your own question.

It's the school's prerogative whether to accept your re-application. Do you think it will win you any points towards that by not paying?

Any educational expense should qualify for a student loan, it just may have to be an unsubsidized loan. Look into that.
If nothing else, put it on a credit card & deal with the consequences later.
Final option: Don't pay, don't get re-accepted, and look for a job (and hope they don't come after you for the $$$.

I can assure you that KHE is an OD, and that most of the other readers of your posts were confused as well.

I think you and KHE misunderstand me and my question, in spite of the fact I am trying to explain as best I can.

Yes, I am keenly aware this is not a free course. And Yes, I WANT to pay for this class if I can afford it. The school does not operate in summer student loans. They want us to pay from our pockets, and don't accept deferred payments which I requested.

In the interest of my time, I will not clarify further.

Your original posting said that the school "never notified you about this money." That statement implies to me (and I'm assuming others) that you were under the impression that you were not expected to pay for anything.

At this point, I'd say do whatever your heart desires but if your readmission to the program is contingent on paying them this money, I would suggest you beg, steal and borrow to get the money and to pay them off.

Could you pm me what school this is? I'm an OD, not a classmate or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk