Is my CASPER score actually…

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1142566

…a reflection of me?

I’m only asking because I got 1st quartile this year AND I got a 1st quartile last year. Everyone in my life says I’m super bubbly and have a “happy” personality, but this score just makes me think otherwise…

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
If you ran out of time, did not manage to get your main points across, did not make any kind of decision about the scenario, or did not actually answer the questions asked, these could all give you a low score.

Reactions: 4 users
…a reflection of me?

I’m only asking because I got 1st quartile this year AND I got a 1st quartile last year. Everyone in my life says I’m super bubbly and have a “happy” personality, but this score just makes me think otherwise…
No assessment is ever a reflection of you, nor is it a measure of your worth as a human being.

And no one has ever shown CASPer to be predictive of anything, with the exception of the people selling it. Right, @gyngyn?

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
…a reflection of me?

No. But did you prepare differently?

I did! Last time I was super indecisive in my answers, so this time I was more decisive in my answers.
How many words per minute can you type

Reactions: 3 users
FWIW, Casper is moving away from typed responses and weighing more on video recorded responses based on recent internal analysis that has been shared publicly. But this should have happened beginning this year.

FWIW, Casper is moving away from typed responses and weighing more on video recorded responses based on recent internal analysis that has been shared publicly. But this should have happened beginning this year.
I wouldn’t go so far as to say that, but this year they are testing out a video response to about 1/3 of their questions.
Only a few of the schools will see the video responses, and Altus isn’t telling applicants which schools those are.

Reactions: 2 users
I got 1st quartile and all of my interviews were with Casper schools. I am enrolled in one of those schools. I think it’s part of “wholistic review” and shouldn’t be a deciding factor in an application.

Reactions: 3 users
I got 1st quartile and all of my interviews were with Casper schools. I am enrolled in one of those schools. I think it’s part of “wholistic review” and shouldn’t be a deciding factor in an application.
+1. I got the impression it factored in the decision for II some how.

Reactions: 2 users