is pathoma enough ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ahmad sharawneh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is pathoma enough or i need goljan for preparation?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is pathoma enough or i need goljan for preparation?

Yes its enough. I did both actually. I studied Goljan book with pathoma videos which helped to stick to important things. Pathoma is concise and just enough for the USMLE. His videos are gold. There are people who have scored great just using either of those. So, its up to you what you can manage to use and use in a way that it counts towards your preparation. Time could be a factor as Goljan will take a little longer. My advice would be to use one and put all the effort into it alongside doing UW questions. It will be enough for your preparation considering the volume of information needed to retain for the exam.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes its enough. I did both actually. I studied Goljan book with pathoma videos which helped to stick to important things. Pathoma is concise and just enough for the USMLE. His videos are gold. There are people who have scored great just using either of those. So, its up to you what you can manage to use and use in a way that it counts towards your preparation. Time could be a factor as Goljan will take a little longer. My advice would be to use one and put all the effort into it alongside doing UW questions. It will be enough for your preparation considering the volume of information needed to retain for the exam.
Is six months enough for UW?

Well, I don't think its a good idea to spend all that time on UW assuming you have a lot of free time to prepare. Even if you start from scratch, one block a day is the minimum you can finish while you refer other books to study the material alongwith UW. That will take you maximum 2 months to finish. I am including here the time you would spend using other books to supplement your study. After that, there is no use going over and over it. You already have your notes written down on FA while doing it. Its better to mix another Qbank. Most US med students advise to do that and I think that's a great advice. You play with a variety of questions. You can do a random timed practice with a month UW subscription close to the exam if you want to do it again in some manner. Before that, it would be more helpful to add another Qbank like Kaplan Qbank or Rx. Good luck.

Well, I don't think its a good idea to spend all that time on UW assuming you have a lot of free time to prepare. Even if you start from scratch, one block a day is the minimum you can finish while you refer other books to study the material alongwith UW. That will take you maximum 2 months to finish. I am including here the time you would spend using other books to supplement your study. After that, there is no use going over and over it. You already have your notes written down on FA while doing it. Its better to mix another Qbank. Most US med students advise to do that and I think that's a great advice. You play with a variety of questions. You can do a random timed practice with a month UW subscription close to the exam if you want to do it again in some manner. Before that, it would be more helpful to add another Qbank like Kaplan Qbank or Rx. Good luck.
What is NBME and which NBME should I buy and how to buy it?