Is SDN heating up lately?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

More pre-allo brawls?

• Yep

• Nah

Results are only viewable after voting.
Seriously? You don't get it? Probably because the comments veered away from perpetual disdain.

The question was if SDN was becoming more heated, and to answer the question the hypothesis was that it was perhaps related to where outspoken forum members are on the sociopolitical spectrum. To further explore that hypothesis, members starting posting their results to the assessment tool for comparison to explore if that was an easily identifiable source of discord.

We should probably add the
http://personality-testing.info/tests/NPI.php
Narcissm index

And I like this little quiz
http://www.chacha.com/quiz/997/how-condescending-are-you/8859

More fun! I got a 6 on the narcissm index and "down to earth" on the condescension quiz.

Members don't see this ad.

Emotions are running high at this point in the application season.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm ashamed I even took the time to read this entire thread...overnights in the ER are starting to get to me!

yeah there are so many new posters (2014 onward) who are ruining SDN. circa 2010 - 2011 this place used to be great. nowadays SDN suffers from a glut of neurotic premeds, adcoms who are treated like deities by the neurotic premeds, and hypersensitive mods who ban too fast. the trolling on pre allo used to be koala-tea now its just lame. and GOAT posters like rogueunicorn and nicknaylor don't post regularly anymore (i dont think, I pretty much stopped visiting SDN)
Eh, Nick is still around, but he's in intern year. He's got better things to do.

Last edited:
I miss Derm.

I've been all over that compass, but I'm going to guess that I'm somewhere around -7, -6 these days. My current trend is left and down.

SDN is not worse than it used to be, or better either. Same as it ever was.

There are an awful lot of threads across all the forums. You can find flames pretty easily if you go looking for them, but they are also pretty easy to route around, either by walking away and not feeding the trolls, or by making judicious use of the ignore / report buttons.

Well, of course! Student date network should be heated up frequently.

Well, of course! Student date network should be heated up frequently.

Well after dinner and a movie we can go over to my place and review ochem flashcards. :naughty:

Reactions: 1 users
yeah there are so many new posters (2014 onward) who are ruining SDN. circa 2010 - 2011 this place used to be great. nowadays SDN suffers from a glut of neurotic premeds, adcoms who are treated like deities by the neurotic premeds, and hypersensitive mods who ban too fast. the trolling on pre allo used to be koala-tea now its just lame. and GOAT posters like rogueunicorn and nicknaylor don't post regularly anymore (i dont think, I pretty much stopped visiting SDN)

IM STILL HERE M8

Reactions: 2 users
Its the height of application season. Pre-meds are cranky.

pre-allo is pretty much a cespool

um sometimes something constructive gets said??? but it gets lost in a pile of manure