is the OAT offered every M-F???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UTaustin90

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First time registering for the OAT:

Do I apply then they will tell me whether I am eligible to take it?
Then, are there specific dates where it is offered, or is it offered every M-F?

Members don't see this ad.

They will email you a pin after you apply. It is offered year round, including weekends. I suggest taking it on a Saturday.

Thanks! Just curious, why on sat?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
I will also be registering this week!

Thanks! Just curious, why on sat?

well if you're in school or work weekdays....then it's more convenient. also less traffic...idk i guess it depends on what you prefer lol.

Great thanks:D

Once you have your PIN from applying to take the OAT, you go to a website where you can pick from a variety of locations for the test and see what days they have open. I don't think any Saturdays were available at the testing centers near me, so I think it just depends on the location. That or those ones booked up several months in advance (you only see what's left available when you log in). You should pick your date well in advance because they do book up and you end up kind of picking from what's leftover (if anything). Remember that there's a charge if you decide to change the date of your test after the first time you pick it. I can't remember how much.

Once you have your PIN from applying to take the OAT, you go to a website where you can pick from a variety of locations for the test and see what days they have open. I don't think any Saturdays were available at the testing centers near me, so I think it just depends on the location. That or those ones booked up several months in advance (you only see what's left available when you log in). You should pick your date well in advance because they do book up and you end up kind of picking from what's leftover (if anything). Remember that there's a charge if you decide to change the date of your test after the first time you pick it. I can't remember how much.

On top of picking it in advance it almost gives you a sense of urgency or a goal to strive for instead of just studying for months not knowing when you need to take the test. Almost like it was a final you knew was coming up so you know exactly how much time you have to study for.