Is the studying approach for 2015 mcat the same as the old one?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phixius12345

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I just took the old MCAT this past February and I'm going to have to take the 2015 MCAT as well. I was wondering, I know they've added new sections made it longer and added a bunch of biochem. Would studying for the new MCAT the way I did for the previous one be sufficient? By that I mean, I would focus on content, do the ek1001 do the TPR science workbook as well as TBR and Fls of course. I've been hearing from some people that doing ek1001 for the new test is not helpful because it is much more conceptual than the previous exam. Could anyone shed some light on this for me please? I would greatly appreciate it as I want to start my studying on the right track :)

Members don't see this ad.

Essentially yes, but with an added emphasis on data interpretation and knowledge of what constitutes a valid experiment.

But if you're retaking, you wouldn't study the same way as you did last time. You'd need to be critical of what hurt you last time (content, strategy, exam day anxiety, etc) and address it. Simply going through the motions of questions and practice exams will not assure a good score.

Reactions: 1 user