is the Transcript Request Form optional?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted988786

Hello,
Can I just send my transcript to AMCAS via my university's transcript request portal, or is it REQUIRED that I ask them to attach the Transcript Request Form?
I already reached out to the registrar at my uni and they said there was no option to attach the Transcript Request document. They generally seemed confused:nailbiting:.

I browsed some old SDN threads that said they submitted transcripts without attaching the document and experienced no delays. Some of those threads were really old, so I just wanted to verify if this was still the case

How important is the transcript Request form? is it risky to send the transcript without including the document

Members don't see this ad.

Are you using an e-transcript service or sending a paper transcript? If the former, when you select "AMCAS" as the recipient there is the option to enter your AAMC ID and your transcript ID (provided when you fill out the relevant section in AMCAS). If you use that then you should not need the transcript request form.

Reactions: 1 users
Are you using an e-transcript service or sending a paper transcript? If the former, when you select "AMCAS" as the recipient there is the option to enter your AAMC ID and your transcript ID (provided when you fill out the relevant section in AMCAS). If you use that then you should not need the transcript request form.
Yes it does ask for aamc & transcript id. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user