Is there a basic body maintenance routine provided by gvmt or APTA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maxplanck

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any exercises, stretches, or massage techniques for general body maintenance provided by government or the APTA?

I would not expect gvmt to do a good job at this, but considering the extremely wide array of information available on the marketplace, some of it good but much (most?) of it bad, I think that it makes sense for an authoritative source to provide, free of charge, a set of basic maintenance recommendations that are consistent with the current state of evidence based practice.

Of course the ideal would be for every person to have access to a physical therapist, who would guide each person through a stretching, exercise, massage routine tailored to each person's individual body, which would be updated throughout each person's life as their body changes. But the reality is that we don't have that, therefore many people are suffering, and many (most?) people will not see a doctor or PT until they develop severe and/or chronic problems which in many (most?) cases could have been prevented by a simple program of body maintenance.

I think that there would probably be more than enough business for PTs even if free up-to-date evidence based body maintenance advice existed, so there is no reason for PTs to fear such a program.

Anyone have experience with this book? At least from the description, it sounds like it's aiming to achieve what I described above.. But some reviewers on Amazon say that it's not that great..
The American Physical Therapy Association Book of Body Maintenance and Repair

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: