Is there a list of the best IM programs in the country that have accepted DO students in recent years?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1016251

Basically just trying to see if there’s a list somewhere of academic IM programs that have recently accepted DO grads, even if it’s like one DO in the last five matches or something.

I just want to be sure that I’m applying to as man academic IM programs that I can that will consider DOs

Members don't see this ad.

Basically just trying to see if there’s a list somewhere of academic IM programs that have recently accepted DO grads, even if it’s like one DO in the last five matches or something.

I just want to be sure that I’m applying to as man academic IM programs that I can that will consider DOs
Look at their websites for their resident list...if there is a DO , they consider them...

Reactions: 1 users

FREIDA sometimes shows how many DO's are in their program, but be careful with it because sometimes it's out of date. Also try Residency Explorer. Also as @rokshana said, just search their residency roster list. Some places don't list it so if it's a program you are really interested in, ask the coordinator or heck just apply. You never know what will happen if you have a strong application / connections.

Members don't see this ad :)
I always go back to this old thread for DO friendly academic programs.

Look at their websites for their resident list...if there is a DO , they consider them...
I know this is gonna sound super lazy on my part, but I was hoping this was something already compiled by someone lol. There are hundreds of IM residency programs all over the country and it takes sooooo long to comb through all their different websites to search and see if they have previously taken a DO applicant or not :(

I know this is gonna sound super lazy on my part, but I was hoping this was something already compiled by someone lol. There are hundreds of IM residency programs all over the country and it takes sooooo long to comb through all their different websites to search and see if they have previously taken a DO applicant or not :(
Did you check out the thread I posted above? Keep in mind though your board scores, letters, research, ect... will also play a big factor in which residency programs you can apply to.

Top 20 might be out of reach for almost all DO... But I believe most academic programs outside of top 20 should be ok with qualified DO applicants.

Top 20 might be out of reach for almost all DO... But I believe most academic programs outside of top 20 should be ok with qualified DO applicants.
^This

Stay away from the "grandma programs" (i.e. the ones your grandma has heard of) and go for, literally hundreds of other good to great programs.

Honestly man, pick a region of the country or 3, make a list of all the university programs and then remove the "Ivys" from the list.

Reactions: 1 user
Brown
Montefiore
And NYP Cornell had in the past

Reactions: 1 users